As You See Me.. (15).


Disclaimer: Same as in previous.

The song, 'The Last Kiss', was written and performed by Pretty Boy Floyd and I have no claim to it. The use here is simply for fanfic related purposes and is in no way intended as a challenge to their copyright status.

Pairing: Yohji x Aya/Ran
Warnings: Yaoi, Shounen-ai, Violence, Angst, Language, AU


The police finally left and Omi breathed out in relief. He'd not gotten the call from Yohji yet, so he was expectantly waiting for it when he realized that the Interpol agent was still there. He turned to Brad Crawford, taking in the attractive man's profile. "Is there anything else you need, Mr. Crawford?"

Smiling, the man slowly faced the teen and gave him a nod. "I want to know what really happened here, Omi. I know what you told the local cops was complete bullshit… I want the truth."

Omi paled and swallowed hard. "I'm not sure what you mean…"

"Farfarello never acts without orders. He's been conditioned to go out, do his job, and then return back to Schuldig's side." Brad walked over so that he was directly in front of Omi and used his hand to lift the youth's chin. "So… you want to tell me what was really happening?"

The young man's shoulders slumped. "I work for Yohji Kudou."

"The rock star? What has that got to do with the price of tea in China?" The Interpol agent blinked. What could a guy like Kudou have to do with this?

Omi went into his kitchen and started some coffee. "Apparently, Mr. Kudou used to know Schuldig in the past and they're not on the best of terms now. I… I do the computer related stuff that Mr. Kudou needs."

"In other words, you hack for him."

The youth poked his head out the doorway. "If you want to be crude about it…" Omi pulled back into the kitchen. "Mr. Kudou recently got a new relationship." No need to tell the man the specifics on Yohji's life… "Well, Schuldig's taken an interest in the news. He wants him to back off."

Brad made his way to where Omi was. "And just how is he planning to make him do so?"

"I can't tell you anymore… If I do, I'll be risking my job, Mr. Crawford." Omi poured himself a cup of coffee and looked at the wall clock. It was well past time for Yohji to call. He needed to know when to move and he needed to get the curious man out of his apartment… No matter how sexy Brad may look.

Hands moved to the blond boy's shoulders and turned him around. "Listen, Omi. I've dedicated my life to taking down Schuldig and his associates. If you and Yohji Kudou are the keys to doing this, I'm not going to interfere."

Omi looked up at him owlishly. "You won't try to stop us?"

"No. I've gotten to the point where I don't care how Schuldig goes down. He's too slick to catch legally and we've had no luck trying to get him red-handed. If a college kid and a rock star think they can do it, and not get killed in the process, I won't argue."


Yohji looked down at the slumbering figure of his lover. Ran was beautiful as he slept; like a crimson haired angel. The singer ran his fingers through the silky locks of hair, wishing he could just stay like this for a while.

'I'm sorry, Ran. I can't make any promises that I'll come back alive. God, I want to be able to say I will, but… I remember what Schu was like when we were together. It only makes sense that, if I've learned some new tricks over the years, then so has he.' Yohji brushed a kiss to the young man's temple. 'Manx and Omi know what to do if I screw this up.'

A song ran through his head. It was one of his favorites and he had always wanted to cover it. Yohji gave a rueful smile towards Ran and let the lyrics run through his head.

Goin' out with you
Is something I can't wait to do.
When we're together
The world can stop forever.

Why do nights like this go so fast?
It never lasts long enough.
Cause all we've got will have to be postponed
It's time to go…

The last kiss
Is always the hardest one
To overcome
The last kiss
It's always the lonesome
It means the night is done.

Holding your hand
It puts me into Wonderland
I can just drop everything
And stay here with you
Caressing you.

The time is running out again
You know it always seems to end the night
Just as it starts
It's time to part…

The last kiss
Is always the hardest one
To overcome.
The last kiss
It's always the lonesome one
It means the night is done.

'If I come back alive from this, Ran, I'll see about doing that song just for you.' Yohji slipped from the bed carefully, laying one of his lover's arms over the slender waist along with a kiss to his pouting lips. He'd already gotten out the clothes for the night, so it was just a matter of redressing.

The watch went on next and then Yohji tucked the back up into his coat pocket. He would keep the second one at hand if he lost the first. He also tucked some guitar strings into his leather pants pocket. If nothing else, they would do in a pinch.

Closing the door quietly, he went down the stairs to the main room, and spied Nagi out on the back patio. He moved to him and lit up a cigarette. "I'm going to go finish this."

The teen looked up at him, the blue eyes studying his face. "You don't think you'll be back."

Yohji nodded. "Schuldig was good at murder when we were running together. If I've gotten better, then he probably has too." He took a drag and looked out across the back yard. "I'm not going to make any pretenses or assumptions."

"If Ken is capable of doing so, he'll help you." Nagi looked away, in the direction the singer was staring, and gave a nod. "He has to still be alive. Schuldig won't have killed him yet."

"I'll be sure to get him out if he is, Nagi. You have my word… the only promise I can make here." His gloved hand went to the young man's shoulder. "Manx has my updated will. If I don't come back, you and Ran are in it. You'll never have to worry about how you're going to live again."

"You have my gratitude, but you didn't have to."

Yohji smiled and took another drag. "I know, but what the hell is Ran going to do with all that money? It needs to be split up… There are only four beneficiaries. You, Ran, Omi, and Manx." The rest of the smoke blew out his nose before he turned and went back inside the house. The musician grabbed his keys and cellular phone off the table by the door that led out to the garage before he left the house.

He bypassed the car he used when he was just cruising around town to the tarp covered Jag in the corner. "Good morning, Seven… It's time for us to get back to work. I hope you missed me." Yohji yanked the plastic cover and opened the driver side door. "I know I've missed you."

Just a few minutes later, he was on the road and heading for the highway. 'All right, Schuldig… It's time to stop playing your game and play by *my* rules.'


Ken was restless. He still hurt from earlier, but he was always a quick recovering type of guy. Just a few aches and pains still plagued him as he got out of bed. Something in his gut twisted, like a certain kind of anticipation.

The former athlete got out of the bed and stiffly managed to get to his feet. Ken stretched, regretting the act only a little, and then made his way to the window. The guards were still out there, wandering the estate. He snorted at the way Schuldig was always worrying about his slave escaping.

'Selfish bastard.'

He knew better than to even touch the window. The crime lord had security systems everywhere. Ken now wished he'd asked Nagi to teach him how to bypass such things. The kid was a wizard when it came to the technological. He wondered if the boy was all right. Did Yohji Kudou manage to get the boy to safety?

Ken staggered his way to the bathroom and ran some water to splash it on his face. He surveyed the damage carefully. Black eye, split lip, some bruises on his wrists and ankles… he'd be fine. Not too attractive for a week or so, but he'd live.

Right now, though, he didn't like the idea of being naked. He went to his dresser drawers and sifted through, hating his limited wardrobe. Most of everything he had was way too revealing to his own personal tastes. Schuldig's idea of dressing sexy. Nine times out of ten, Ken felt like he was just looking like a slut.

He hated that.

The athletic young man settled on a pair of leather pants and a sleeveless shirt that actually covered most of his midriff. That was a rarity. He pulled them on carefully and went back to the bed. He sat down at the foot of it and put his chin in his hand. Something was about to happen, but he had no clue as to what.

Had the rock star called the police? Was he about to be rescued and given back his freedom? His blue eyes kept flicking over to the window, waiting to see if something would happen. Ken prayed long and hard that it wasn't a false alarm.


Turning down the off ramp, Yohji cut right away from the highway and the ocean. A half hour from the highway was what Ken had said. Twenty minutes later, he cut the lights on the Jag and moved further down the road. He saw the huge house and smiled as a few figures with flashlights moved around the outside of it.

That would be the place.

The singer took his cell phone out and dialed Omi. "Showtime," was all he said before flipping it closed and tucking it into the inner pocket. He put an ear comm in and shut down Seven. It was almost over and he could already taste the adrenaline rushing through his system.

'Win or lose, I will get my freedom from you… Damn you to hell, Schuldig… I *will* have my life back!'

 

Retour Chapitre 16