Colours of my Life

Author: Sardius

Category: Romance/Angst

Warnings: NC-17

Pairing: Yohji/Aya (Ran)

Disclaimer: I don't own Weiss Kreuz; it belongs to its creator and company. (Sobs) if only they were mine…. sniff sniff

Character's Thoughts

 

Chapter Fourteen: Colours

 

"Promise me you'll continue living Aya. Promise me."

Those words continued to whisper at the back of my head, echoing in the background, forever binding me to the promise I had made to Yohji. A promise that I had stupidly agreed to. Didn’t he realise how much I wanted to stay with him? How I could never be expected to be able to live by myself if he had died? To know the one I'd loved the most has left me, is more than I could bear.

I sat there holding your hand, scarred by the use of your wires over the years, letting my fingers touch lightly the rough patches on your skin. Not once, had I remembrance of your hands being this cold. Sitting here, listening to your soft breathing, I felt so useless for being unable to do anything for you in the end. Nothing, nothing could make you speak to me now. The only answer I'd ever received was the beeping of the machine indicating you were still alive.

I used to find your voice annoying. Always tinged with a hint of sarcasm, hiding behind lies I could see through, desperately trying to cover up your feeling with your façade. But in a way, you were just like me. We both had a secret we jealously guarded away, hid from the others, pretending we were strong enough to deal with the pain in our heart. Yet, ever since I was blinded, you have proved to me that I cannot face everything alone. So that I had blindly clung onto you, letting you drag me along the way.

Yohji. How long do I have to keep waiting for you? A few days? Month? Years? Can you hear me speaking to you even now?

But I will continue to wait for you Yohji. Just like I will wait for Aya chan too, to be with me again. As long as you wake up one day, I will continue to hold onto our promise.

"Aya kun."

I was so absorbed in my thoughts that I hadn't realised Omi had walked into the room until I heard his voice beside me. I had been by Yohji's beside for the past two days now and already I could feel my headache intensifying, signalling for me the need to rest. But I didn’t want to leave Yohji. Not now, not when he might wake up and wonder where I am.

A hand was placed on my shoulder and for a moment, I wanted to tell Omi to leave me alone. I didn’t want his pity. I could imagine his sad eyes looking at me, offering me comfort unspoken. I sighed. Omi was only trying to do his best.

"Aya kun. Why don’t you go home and get some rest. Ken will be watching Yohji tonight and will call us if anything happens."

I could feel the concern in Omi's voice and yet, a part of me was worried that as soon as I left, Yohji would leave me just as he had done in the dreams that had tormented me during the past few days. Holding onto his hands firmly, I shook my head. I must have looked exhausted because I couldn’t even sum up the strength to tell the Omi to go home by himself. Instead, I rubbed my eyes, feeling the tears forming in them due to the lack of sleep I'd indulged in lately.

"Aya kun... please?"

There was a sense of desperation along with the earlier concern in the blond's voice. Hearing the door swing opened, after the entrance of Ken as I could only guess knowing that he had been waiting behind the door, I feared that they would pry me away from Yohji's bed. For one moment, I had wanted to give into the temptation, of heading back home and letting myself escape from this world. Then, a sudden image flashing through my mind, of me lying in Yohji's room, smelling the blond's scent and never knowing when he’d be back by my side had left me shivering.

"No. Not tonight Omi." I want to stay with him for a little longer. "I promise I'll come home with you tomorrow." Just one more night before I have to face reality again.

Silence was his only reply, but after a while, he patted me on the shoulder, and I could hear him leaving the room, the door clicking shut after his departure.

I sighed in relief, as I realised I was finally alone. Focusing my thoughts on Yohji again, I twined our fingers together and rested my head beside his. Feeling the warmth radiating from his body calmed me down, letting myself believe that I wasn’t alone anymore.

"Remember you said you’d be with me forever? No matter what happened to us?" I spoke quietly to the blond beside me. Yet, even though my voice was barely more than a whisper, I felt as if it had echoed around the room.

"You said you would never leave me. You promised."

There weren't any more tears left in my eyes, only a sense of sorrow and peacefulness that I hadn't felt for a long time.

"Don’t sleep too long Yohji."

I closed my eyes, as I held onto his hand, letting his soft breathing lure me into a deep sleep. Before I felt myself drift away, I heard my voice echoing in the room again, "Don't sleep too long."

* * * * * *

[6 months later]

"Fujimiya san, are you here to visit Kudou san again?"

I smiled at the voice that had spoken to me. Letting my walking stick guide me, I headed over until I reached out my hand to touch the counter. "Yes Miko san, is everything all right today?"

"Yes, the doctor said he's healing internally. We've been helping him with his exercise therapy while you were visiting your imouto. Although I have to say, he sure loves to make all our nurses blush every time he sees them walking out of the room."

My lips curled unconsciously at the thought of Yohji flirting with the nurses even though he could barely walk himself. It had been a few months since the blond had woken up. The doctor said Yohji's recovery was a miracle, given the enormous blood loss he had suffered with the wound being very close to puncturing his heart.

"I'm sure he'll settle down once I'm there."

I nodded at Miko san and adjusted my shades, letting the stick guide me again. Having being here for the past few months, I already knew my way to Yohji's room. It was only a few doors from where Aya chan was staying which made things a bit easier for me.

I still remembered that night when I had been sitting in the same chair, which still graced his room, speaking to him a few days after I had gotten the eye surgery. Needless to say, it had failed, and I hadn’t been able to gain back my eyesight as I had hoped. I had felt as if everything had fallen apart and all I could do at the time was clinging onto him, hoping that by some chance he would speak to me, and tell me that no matter what happened to me he would always be by my side.

Yet, all I had received that night was the rain pounding against the window, his voice nowhere to be heard. And as I had sobbed by his bedside, letting the tears wash away the pain aching in my heart, I had felt his hand touching my cheeks, wiping away my tears.

At the time, I hadn’t know whether I was dreaming or not, afraid that I’d wake up, and I wouldn’t hear his voice whispering to me, telling me not to cry anymore. It had been the only time when I had allowed myself to smile again, as I grasped onto his fingers and held onto him tightly. Because at that moment, I had felt as though my life was complete again.

"Aya, you're early today. How was Aya chan?"

Even though Yohji had known for while what my real name was, he still kept calling me Aya. In a way, that made him calling me Ran all the more special. I shut the door behind me and carefully made my way towards the seat beside his bed. Reaching out to touch the seat, I felt his fingers slip into mine and pull me onto his bed.

"Hmmph! Yohji?"

He laughed. Every time he laughs, I treasure it deeply in my heart. During the past few months, I had missed hearing his voice so much, that even the smallest things still warm me deeply.

I placed my walking stick on the side, as I struggled to sit up against the bed with him. If the nurses came here and found us out, I was pretty sure that the blond would invent some of his seriously lame excuses.

"I heard you were flirting with the nurses again. How'd you manage it, is beyond me."

Yohji pulled the shades off of my face, and gently kissed me on the lips. "I've missed you. I hate staying in this room all the time knowing you aren't here with me." I snuggled closer to the blond, letting his warmth flow through my body, as I closed my eyes and relaxed in his embrace.

"You should be out in a few days. The doctor told me we can take you home next week. Manx will probably come around to see how you are."

That brought Yohji to a sudden halt as I felt his arms curling around my waist protectively, pulling me closer to his chest. "Any news of Mastermind?" Even though I hadn't heard anything from the telepath since our last meeting, I felt my body stiffen at hearing his name. Manx had tried to find out the whereabouts of Schwarz but they seemed to have left the country. I remembered clearly what Schuldig had said to me on the night Yohji had been injured. Do you want to be the one responsible for his death? Another death to be added to your sins. Closing my eyes, I could still hear the gunshot ringing loudly in my ears as Yohji protected me from harm.

"No. There hasn't being any news of them."

Yohji ran his fingers through my bangs and I tilted my head towards the caress, shivering despite the comfort it had brought me, as I tried to overcome the nightmares I often have of Mastermind shooting me so many months ago. Knowing that had I died, Schwarz would have the upper hand for getting rid of us; I did not understand why they had not killed Yohji and myself that night.

"Good. But I wish I had got to kill the bastard myself.", the blond snarled. I shifted around until I placed my fingers on his lips. "Don't," I whispered. "I don't ever want you to do anything like that again." I don't ever want to lose you.

He caught my hand and I felt him kissing my fingers, his lips warm on my skin. Letting go of him, I started to get up but that one slight movement had Yohji pulling me back down with his arms around my waist. "No, don't go yet. You still have a bit of time. Stay with me for a while longer."

I sighed and leaned back against him, knowing sooner or later the nurses would come and I’d have to get out of the bed in case she should see the blond and I together. But for now, it felt so peaceful lying in Yohji's arm that for a moment, I wished time would stop and let us be together like this forever.

"Just for a while longer then." I whispered back. Then I shifted closer towards him until my head was tucked under his chin. Closing my eyes, I let myself enjoy this peace I hadn't felt for a long time.

* * * * * * * *

"Yohji kun welcome home!" The chibi ran across the room and flung himself onto me as I laughed and hugged him back. It was good to be home. During my time at the hospital, I'd gone almost crazy staring at the same walls repeatedly without being able to get out of my bed. My arms were still a bit sore and the doctor had said a few more session of therapy would do me good, but all in all, I was finally home after waiting so long for this day to come.

I let go of the young blond and smiled at Ken, as he gave me a pat on the shoulder and jerked his hand towards the room. "Got the room all cleaned out for you Kudou. I can't believe you have so many porns in there!"

I smirked. "Well Kenken if you ever need to borrow anything, be sure that Kudou Yohji is at your service."

As Omi and Ken brought the rest of my things inside the room, I turned around to see Aya standing near the door. Not able to see him enough for so many months, I realised the redhead had gotten thinner and felt it was partly my fault knowing how much pain I had caused him. I took the walking stick away from his hands, and placed it near the cupboard.

"It's there next to where you usually put your keys okay?" The redhead nodded then I took his hand and started heading towards my room. Aya had not spoken much during the ride home. Once or twice I had glanced at him but now that he constantly wore his shades, I was unable to see if there was anything wrong with him.

It felt strange to walk around the room. Everything seemed to have changed too much while I was away. I felt as though I had been asleep for years. The couch had been moved towards the far window so that Aya could get a bit of sunlight while drinking his tea in the morning, a new rug was placed on the floor next to the coffee table to cover up the stains on the floor where Ken usually makes his mess while watching one of his soccer matches. Various padded things were attached onto the tables' corners and chairs.

Suddenly it had occurred to me, it was there to prevent Aya from hurting himself when he moved around the room.

"Hey you guys, Omi and me gonna head off to grab a bite to eat, you guys want anything?"

Ken poked his head in the hallway, followed by the genki blond, who was already suggesting where they would go out to buy lunch. Looking across to Aya, I saw him shaking his head and mumbled quietly that he wasn't hungry. Taking the hint, I smiled at the brunette and said, "We'll get it later. You guys go and have fun."

Grabbing Omi by the arm, Ken dragged the blond away down the stairs, muttering something along the way about letting us have some time alone together with the chibi pestering to know why they’d need to get out of the house right now. Then the door clicked shut behind them, and I found myself with Aya again.

Tugging the redhead behind me, mindful of where I was going, I stepped inside my room and stopped immediately. I.... I was speechless. Staring around the room, I had to notice several details. A chair was placed next to the window letting the sunlight shine down on its wooden surface, a few tall bookshelves adorned the walls, mixed together with a few of my things I had collected over the years. On the nightstand table, there was a photo of Aya and me, taken almost a year ago and my favourite ashtray that had stayed with me ever since I was a detective. I walked over to the wardrobe and peered inside. Aya's clothes were placed beside mine, neatly folded and hung together. I glanced around to see the redhead walking towards the bed and sitting there quietly, his head lowered, as if he was afraid of something.

"Aya...I..." Quite frankly I didn't know what to say.

"Do...you...you don't like it? I…I can move back to my room if you like." Grabbing the redhead beside me, I kissed him roughly on his lips, spinning him around until I was lying on the bed with him on top of me. Breaking off the kiss, Aya placed his hand on my chest, panting slightly as I laughed and pulled him down beside me again.

"What? Are you kidding? I have always dreamed about this Aya. I was just too shocked and that has given me a fright." Kissing him on the temple, I glanced around the room again. Even though I had not been here for months, everything was still the same. Aya had taken care of the place, making sure none of my things were moved without asking my permission first. He had expected me to come back to him. He had waited for me all along. Smiling, I buried my nose into his hair, breathing calmly the sweet scents of roses and lavender that clung onto him.

"Thank you." I kissed his forehead gently. "This is perfect."

Hugging him close in my arms, I couldn't believe how lucky I was to have Aya beside me again. Even though we went through so much pain, in the end, we were able to be together. Pulling him down to kiss those soft lips again, I went to work to show the kitten how much I'd appreciated the things he had done for me.

* * * * * * *

Everything about Aya, I had missed so much. It seemed time had stopped for a moment, letting me just ravish the beautiful redhead breathless beneath me. Smiling, I ran my thumb on his parted lips and gently kissed him on the nose. That provoked a frown on his face, causing me to chuckle and swing him around so he was straddling my lap.

That caused a bit of surprise from Aya, his hands grabbing onto my shirt as he tried to catch his balance. I caught him by the arms and pulled him down, rocking my hips against his thigh, showing him how much I had wanted him right now.

Sucking the skin just below his ear, netted me a gasp from the redhead, this in turn causing a shiver to run down my spine. I slid my hand under his shirt; marvelling at the smoothness of his skin, at how warm Aya was, despite the coldness of when I had first met him. Latching onto his neck, I marked the pale skin, wanting everyone to know that Aya was mine. He shivered and moaned softly in my ear, his body draped bonelessly on top of me, his fingers trying to tear away my shirt.

Shifting away, I practically tore the clothes off of our bodies. I flung them onto the floor; my mind too preoccupied with all I could do to Aya at the moment. Licking the bruised skin I had marked on his pale neck, I trailed down butterfly kisses upon his chest, swirling my tongue upon his nipples as he arched away from the touch, his eyes tightly closed.

So beautiful. God I have missed this for so long.

I could feel both of our arousal rocking against each other through the thin fabric of my pants. Mouth still busy tormenting the pale skin, my hand fumbled with the button of his jeans and slid my hands inside, grasping the heated cock in my hand.

"Yohji…." Aya moaned. His eyes heavily lidded as he rested his head on my shoulder.

Rubbing my hands along his back to stop him from trembling, I continued to stroke him as he wrapped his arms around my neck. "Shhhh…. love. I have you, I won't let you go." Not ever. Not ever again.

Tracing my lips to his other nipple, biting softly on the pale nub, I pushed further down his pants and pulled them off, exposing the beautiful pale figure in my arms. Pumping the hard shaft in my hand, I glanced at Aya sprawled before me. And the image took my breath away. Crimson locks dampened with sweat clung to his forehead, eyes clouded, lips pressed tightly together in a thin line, face slightly flushed, I reached out my hand to lightly trace his pale lips, running my fingers along the skin.

The redhead opened his mouth, panting in quick breaths as I placed my fingers inside that hot cavern. Feeling his tongue flicking over my fingers over and over again, I moaned softly, trying to remain in control of myself while my other hand absently ran over the tip of his cock with my thumb.

Aya jerked his hips, holding me securely by the neck as he shuddered, his teeth biting gently onto my fingers. Pulling them out of his warm mouth, I yanked him by one red ear tail to draw him into a deep kiss, flickering my tongue inside that sweet mouth until all I could taste was the essence of my beautiful redhead.

Running my fingers along the crack of his buttocks, I parted his muscled and slid my finger inside, feeling the tight grip there. Aya stiffened at the touch; it had being a long time for both of us since we had last made love.

He kissed my face, as I reassured him, "Don't worry love, I won't hurt you."

Nodding his head, the redhead continued to kiss me softly on the lips, trying to ignore what I was doing to him, as I added a second finger, slowly stretching his tight passage. A whimper was heard when I stopped stroking him, my hands running lightly over his back, promoting a shiver and a soft moan from his lips. Suddenly, I smiled when the redhead threw his head back and moaned loudly, his hands gripping onto my shoulders, digging the nail into my skin.

Stroking the soft nub again and again, as Aya started jerking his hips, I tried to force my fingers to go deeper, until all I wanted to do was pull him under me and fuck him silly into the mattress.

"Yohji…please."

Aya's voice was no more than a whisper, his voice making me so hard already that it was painful. Pulling my fingers out of the redhead, I shakily unbuttoned my pants, already damp from the precum leaking out of my cock. Setting my erection free, I fumbled around in my back pocket to grab a tube of lubricant and spread the gel on my shaft, shivering from its coldness and then worked Aya directly above me.

Rubbing the tip against his cheeks, I smothered his startled gasps with my mouth and suddenly closing my eyes I shoved deeply into his body, his muscles clamping down on me in a tight grip. Holding onto his hips, until I knew I had to be bruising the pale skin, I let the redhead slowly adjust to my presences, only to pull back and thrust harder into him.

Aya mewled and opened his eyes, the beautiful amethyst orbs seemed to be looking at me, but it must have being my imagination. Rocking my pelvis upwards, I laced our fingers together until I knew he was steady in my lap, before I whispered huskily in his ear, "Come on love. Move for me, oh please Ran, you feel so good."

I could see Aya's face flush in embarrassment, knowing what I was asking him to do. He started pulling his hips away from me, until I could feel myself sliding away from his passage, till I jerked him down towards me again as the redhead yelped in surprise.

"Aaa…Yohji…can't…"

Brushing the hair away from his face, I showed him again how to move. Aya's face tightened in pleasure, as he started following my movements, pulling back and thrusting hard against me. Grabbing onto his hands, I let myself fall back onto the mattress, seeing the redhead riding me slowly, whimpering every time I brushed his prostate. I found myself murmuring words I had never felt the need to utter before. "Ran...you're so beautiful, god I love you so much. Don't worry love, I won't let you fall...."

Pulling him down for heated a kiss, I wrapped one hand around his shaft, pumping him in time with his thrust. Ran's eyes were closed, the thick lashes fluttering against his pale cheeks then slowly opened to reveal a pair of amethyst orbs, wet with tears.

"Yohji.... please, please."

Thrusting harder into the redhead, I kept hearing him murmuring quietly beside my ear, my name never failed to leave from his lips as he pleaded me to fuck him deeper. Feeling Aya's voice choking slightly; I stroked him faster, as he rode me, the pleasure building higher and higher until all I could see was he and he alone.

Holding onto Aya's hips, I stopped his movement, provoking a protest from him. Pulling him closer towards me, I whispered, "I won't ever let you go Ran. You hear that? Whatever happens to you, I will always love you. Always."

A sob escaped from the redhead lips as he whispered back, "Don't leave me again Yohji. Never again."

Then suddenly flipping Aya over until he was lying underneath me, I angled his hips and thrust deeply into the pale man, his legs wrapping tightly around my waist. Looking at the beautiful creature below me, I couldn't believe how lucky I was to be able to hold him in my arms again, to see the love radiating from him. Even though we had gone through so much together, nothing had stopped us, nothing at all.

Yelling, as I buried my face in his crimson hair, I came spilling deeply inside Aya, the redhead choking out my name repeatedly as I felt his warm seed splattering onto my stomach. The strength of this feeling of love between us was unbelievable, something I would never be able to describe. Kissing the closed eyelids, I looked down at the redhead who was already fast asleep, a small smile curving his lips. Brushing the damp hair away from his face, I kissed him gently, knowing I am getting addicted to the taste with each passing day.

"Yohji..." he moaned.

Smiling I saw Aya snuggling closer to me, his head resting on my shoulder. Grabbing one of our shirts that I had so carelessly left on the bed, I cleaned both of us up. I gathered the comforter and pulled it around us, until I had the redhead in my arms again, his head tucked neatly under my chin as he rested on top of me.

Running my fingers through his silken hair, I glanced out of the window to see that the sun had already set, the warm breeze blowing gently into the room. Kissing him on the temple, I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around the redhead. Feeling bliss sweep through my body, I sighed and let myself drift into the darkness.

"Sleep my love." I whispered.

May the angels guide your dreams.

* * * * * * * * *

Epilogue: Dawn

Leaning back against his chest, I shifted my head until it was tucked securely underneath his chin. I could feel the warmth flooding down upon my face, bathing us in the afternoon sunlight. The sweet scent of roses drifted into the air, giving me a sense of harmony as I lay in Yohji's arms. Feeling his fingers combing through my hair, I felt my chin being gently tilted up, only to have a pair of warm lips placed upon mine.

Yohji...

It has almost been a year since Yohji has woken up. During this time, I’ve become a stronger person, accepting who I am, accepting my fate. I still recalled the nights sitting in the darkness by his bedside wishing to hear his voice again. And the despair in my heart never fading away, as I thougt he would end up sharing the same fate as Aya chan.

Promise me to continue living.

Hadn’t it been for those words, maybe I would have given up a long time ago. Because of that promise, I had never given up.

During this year, I have learnt how to deal with my life again. Attending classes, being taught how to read and write. The experience was new for me and many times, I had almost given up, feeling I was a burden to everyone, since I could not even accomplish the simplest task. But Yohji was there. He began to learn my new ways of life and supported me when sometimes I couldn't hold it together any longer. The despair of knowing I would never see again marked me. The faces of the ones I love haunt my memory. Only there, do they can exist. Only in my dreams.

"Ran. What are you thinking?"

I blinked my eyes and realised Yohji had being speaking to me for the past few minutes. Shaking my head, I reached out with my hand and ran my fingers through his golden locks, marvelling at how long it had become since he had been in a coma. I felt him smiling as he locked his lips onto mine, dipping his tongue inside my mouth as I let him distract me from my musings.

Everything about the blond was intoxicating.

Panting slightly from our kiss, I was surprised when I suddenly felt his body tensing behind me as his arms tightened around my waist. Unable to question Yohji about what was wrong I waited; he placed his lips beside my ear and whispered, "I'm sorry."

His words hung there in silence until I couldn’t bear to hear the sadness of his voice ringing in my ear. "Why are you saying sorry?" I whispered back just as quietly. I didn’t have to see to know what was wrong with the blond. Already, I could picture the frown on his face; his hand gently touching my cheek as I unconsciously leaned towards him.

"I'm sorry for leaving you behind. Letting you struggle by yourself when you needed me the most. I'm sorry that you had to take care of me when I should have…I…I wish I had been there for you. I just feel like…I haven’t done anything…."

Struggling in his arms, I turned around so I could face him, wanting to tell him that he shouldn’t be feeling this way. "Yohji stop."

"If only I had been there you wouldn’t have had to suffer…mmmpphh…Ran?"

I silenced him as I clumsily kissed him on the lips, wrapping my arms around his neck. I felt his arms circling slowly around me, pulling me closer towards him. It was comforting to be held in someone's arms. To feel appreciated. To be treated as something precious in his eyes.

He makes me feel precious.

The gentle sway of our bodies had Yohji leaning back onto the soft grass with me stumbling on top of him, our arms never leaving each other's as our lips were locked tightly together. Finally I broke our kiss off and tucked my head under his chin, listening to his steady heartbeat. His fingers gently tracing circles on my back, I sighed and closed my eyes, letting myself sink into this wonderful dream.

Is this just a dream? Will I wake up and realised everything was just a figment of my imagination?

Unable to bear the thought of being separated from the blond again, I called out his name.

"Yohji?"

"Hmm?"

"Is this real?... Are you real?" I don't want to wake up to find myself alone again.

After a few moments of silence, I began to panic. Yohji hadn't answer me, nor had he said anything as I felt the silence building up to become unbearable. Suddenly, I felt him shaking beside me and realised he was chuckling. He flipped me over as I yelped; I felt my back hit the soft grass with my hands pinned to the side. Feeling his lips beside my ear, I heard him whispering huskily, "Of course it is. Don't ever doubt for a second that I would ever leave you. I love you too much for that." His fingers gently touched my cheeks and I heard him whisper again, "too much...."

"Even if I am blind, even if I am a burden." Would you still love someone like me?

A strong yank on my ear tails made me wince in pain and I realised I had said those words out loud. "Burden? You? I don't think so love. I think I'm your burden instead. That is if you can ever get rid of me that easily."

I had to smile at the thought of Yohji clinging onto me as I tried to push him away.

"Do that again?"

Unable to understand what the blond was saying, I frowned.

"Smile. I want you to smile like that again. Everyday. From now on." He leaned down until he brushed his lips against mine. "Promise me you will always smile for me."

"Hai."

Only for you.

Feeling the happiness radiating from him, I smiled at how lucky we are, to finally be together again. Sitting up with Yohji behind my back, I rested my head on his chest again, letting his fingers brush through my silky hair when suddenly he placed his hands over my eyes.

I felt at peace, sitting here in the park next to Yohji. Next to someone that had showed me that life wasn't all about revenge, that there was love even for someone like me.

"Can you see it?" he asked me gently. After a time, he slowly let go of his hands and placed them around my waist.

He didn't need to explain for I knew what he was asking. Smiling, I opened my eyes, letting myself imagine the beautiful sunset that was in my memory. The colours of orange and red, dominating the bright sky. The clouds cluttering together, like patterns on a canvas.

"Yes. It's beautiful. Just like the colours I see in my mind."

The colours that will always be a part of me. A part of my life.

Even though I cannot see anymore, to me it doesn't matter because I have Yohji beside me to show me the way. To guide me when I fall behind, to watch my step when I can't see the road ahead of me anymore. I used to think life had treated me unfairly. Letting my parents die, letting Aya chan fall into a coma. I had resented everything, and each night I had pondered on why life had treated me like this. And yet, now it was different.

Because he is here.

Closing my eyes, I let myself be carried away like the scents of roses drifting into the air. Reaching down until I laced our fingers together, I murmured, "Yohji, thank you."

Thank you for showing me what it's like, to see the colours of my life.

* * * * * * * * *

Owari (END)

Retour