Look at Me - Part 2.


Disclaimer: No copyrights were harmed in the making of this fic...

Pairing: Yohji x Aya/Ran
Warnings: Yaoi, Shounen-ai, Language, Poetry


Managing a little sleep, Aya rose early and rubbed his bleary eyes. He flicked his violet gaze to his desk, where the project of last night sat. Rising from the bed in his pajama pants, he walked over to the desk and looked down at it.

Would you ever look at me?
Does anyone have a chance?
I want to see inside your soul…
And bare mine to you as well.
Time and time again it seems
I've thought this question through.
Would you ever look at me?
And let me live through you…

It wasn't his best work, but it would have to do. The crimson haired assassin was tired of letting things pass by and only reacting to them. Aya wanted to take his own steps forward when it came to the kinder things in life. Up to now, everything in his young life had been about revenge and his sister. It was time for him to take something for himself… even if it didn't work out.

At least then, Ran Fujimiya would have the satisfaction that he'd actually *tried*.

He knew that Yohji wouldn't be awake yet… In fact, it was early enough that he could slip out and only Ken might know. He wouldn't ever know about what Aya was going to do, though. He'd never breath a word of it to anyone… Not until the time came that he could speak with Yohji about his feelings.

If that time came.

He showered and dressed quickly, going into the main room to find Ken sitting on the couch having a quick breakfast before he was off to coach the neighborhood kids in their soccer game. Aya gave the briefest of nods before he grabbed some toasted bread for himself and backed out of the door, looking as though he was late to run some errands. Down the stairs he went, his boots making sharp sounds on the wood, and out the back door.

He moved through the garage, getting to Yohji's car easily and slipping the poem under the windshield wiper. Aya knew the blond well enough to know that he would see the paper from the doorway. The man was just that attached to the Jag.

Aya continued on, to his own car, and got in quickly. As he started his vehicle, he saw Ken coming out the door and move to his motorcycle. No one would ever attribute the note to him, so he really didn't have to worry about suspicion yet. The only one who might find out was Omi and Aya didn't think he'd tell anyone. The youngest assassin was good at keeping his own council and not a gossip-monger like Yohji was.

Piece of toast hanging out of his mouth, Aya shifted gears and backed out of his parking stall. He had a date with another slumbering person, non-blond, and he didn't want to be late. His sister might be in a coma, but that wouldn't be a good enough excuse in his eyes.


Waking earlier than he wanted, Yohji rose from bed and padded to the shower. Usually, when he woke up, he didn't have to compete for the hot water. Little did anyone know, that was one of the reasons why he slept so late.

After he got cleaned up, Yohji went to the kitchen and started working on his own breakfast. Another reason he slept late… so no one would know he could actually cook for himself. The blond assassin had discovered, years ago, that typical Japanese breakfasts never stayed with him for long. A man of his metabolism needed food that stuck to the ribs. He'd taken a cue from his American mother there, and learned the finer points of making an extremely unhealthy North American breakfast.

In practically no time at all, he was at the table eating a large plate of biscuits smothered in heavy sausage gravy. The few times he'd been to the States himself, to visit his mother, he'd picked up quite a few different recipes. She was one of the finest cooks out there.

Yohji was careful to make damn sure he left no evidence of his culinary skills and then grabbed his keys. Outside the door to the garage, he spotted the piece of lined notebook paper before he'd even taken a step. He rushed to the car, looking for any unwarranted damage, and snatched it quickly.

His emerald gaze scanned the words, translating them easily, and he lifted an eyebrow. 'Love poetry? I haven't gotten that in years…' Yohji wondered if the blue haired boy had left it. His 'date' last night had been American. But… he remembered the way the young man spoke and nothing in this seemed to fit that.

Which led him to believe that he was dealing with someone closer to home. Short list of suspects, too. The blond got into his Jag and lit a cigarette before he started the car, his mind whirling. There were a couple of girls from the clubs he frequented capable of writing something like this, but not too many guys.

He took a drag from his cigarette and studied the handwriting itself. Very meticulous and tidy - but not feminine. It had written by another man.

Yohji was sure of himself but not the conceited type. He knew that he hadn't left *that* lasting of an impression on his male dates. Sometimes, guys were harder to discourage than girls. He didn't want them following him around like a bunch of lost puppies.

He looked again at the writing. It was too elegant for anyone he knew… except one. His eyes narrowed. It couldn't be possible, could it? What the hell would cause *Aya* to write something like this and leave it on Yohji's windshield? He never really knew where he stood with the hot-tempered redhead anyway… but, this?

Why?

The answer hit him like a bolt out of the blue. Last night… For the first time, his encounters with other men had been discovered… by none other than Aya himself. If he'd been harboring a secret crush on Yohji, he would have been keeping his feelings in check because of all the signs saying that Yohji Kudou was a ladies' man. But, with the truth out in the open, there was a possibility that Yohji might not be as adverse to another man as anyone had thought.

Yohji leaned his head back, mind working in overdrive. Because of his past behavior, Aya wouldn't think that any overt moves would be acceptable. Chances were, he figured that any offering he made would be met with an instant refusal. So, he would resort to an almost courtship type of beginning.

The blond almost laughed. Only Aya would be so formal about things like this. Why couldn't he just come right out and say, "Hey, since I know you're bisexual, do you think we could go out some time?" Yohji gave it some thought. No, an insecure Aya wouldn't be direct. He would test the waters first, see how warm they were, and then wade in carefully anyway.

The thought flattered Yohji. To think that Aya would go so far as to test the waters instead of just outright asking was something to take note of. He probably didn't want to get burned either. After all, Yohji Kudou had one hell of a loose reputation. Absently, Seven reversed out of the stall. It was an interesting proposal to say the least.

And Yohji wasn't the type of guy to let something interesting get out of his hands if he could help it.

 

Retour Chapitre 3