Look at Me - Part 8.


Disclaimer: Same as in previous parts...

Pairing: Yohji x Aya/Ran
Warnings: Yaoi, Shounen-ai, Language, Poetry


Once dinner was over, Yohji drove them both to the theater. Ran was a was not completely comfortable with the choice of movies, but he figured that it had to be better than some of the standard teen flicks. He was surprised that they cut past the line and went directly inside. He looked up at the blond and saw him smirk.

"Picked up the tickets in advance… That way we wouldn't have to wait." Yohji gently took his elbow and guided him to the concession stand. "Popcorn, soda, candy… gotta have all the amenities for this… never see a flick without 'em."

The grin he favored the redhead with was infectious and Ran found himself grinning back. This wasn't at all like the Yohji he'd come to know during their time together as members of Weiss. He found that, the more and more he saw of this very different Yohji, he liked him even more.

Ran picked the seats in the back, partially because of the fact that he didn't want to be disturbed and partially because he felt better with his back to the wall. Yohji didn't say anything about it, just settled down in the seat and kicked his long legs up so that his feet were resting on the seats in front of them.

"What's this movie about, anyway," Ran asked as he sat down next to the blond, setting his drink in the holder between them.

Yohji reached over and scooped a handful of buttery heaven out of the tub. "A friend of mine said that Deisel plays a character that's kind of like a James Bond for the newer generation." He munched the kernels thoughtfully. "If you don't want to see it…"

"No, I'll give it a try." Ran said, his eyes drifting over to his date. He frowned for a moment. "Could you lose the sunglasses for a while?" He started when Yohji leaned over him, tucking the shades into the pocket of Ran's jacket as it rest on the seat next to the redhead. For those long, eternal seconds, the two of them were face to face.

"I'm really enjoying tonight," Yohji whispered to him softly. The emerald gaze that ensnared his was open, only a few secrets hidden in their depths. His lips hovered near Ran's, heat radiating off them, inviting the younger man to take a taste of his companion's kiss.

And he did, sealing his lips to Yohji's firmly. He surprised the older assassin, he could tell, by giving such a public display. But… that warm mouth was too good to resist. Ran wanted to drown in the kiss - let it consume him.

Until some rude bastard coming down the aisle beside them interrupted by shouting, "Hey, yaoi freaks! Get a fucking room!"

The sudden blaze of anger in the blond's eyes alarmed Ran and he hissed, trying to get Yohji's attention - but to no avail. Sitting up straight, the older man leveled a glare at the interloper.

"Don't like what you see, then don't fucking look." Yohji rose to his feet, much to the crimson haired man's dismay, as the other man started for him. Ran noted that, while the blond was still wearing his long coat, it gave the appearance of more bulk than he really had.

Couple that with Yohji's added height advantage and the older man was definitely intimidating. Especially with the touch of rage to his verdant gaze. Something in the look his team mate was giving the man was enough to make him back down. Yohji's voice lowered, lethally. "Thought so… find a seat and leave us the hell alone."

The lights lowered and Yohji retook his seat next to Ran. "Gotta expect shit like that. Not everyone in Japan has an open-minded attitude."

Ran noticed that the man's companions were staring at him and his date and smiled a little to himself. Just for a second, he let the icy demeanor of 'Aya' peek through, baring his teeth at the group. It wasn't a pleasant smile. It promised many thousands of different ways to die.

That particular area of the theater left them alone for the duration of the movie.


After the movie ended, Yohji drew Ran up from his seat. "Better than I expected, that's for sure." His fingers tilted the redhead's face up to his. "Wanna go back yet?"

The beautiful younger man shook his head. "Not really." There was a little thrill of victory that swept through the blond but he squelched it ruthlessly. This wasn't a game. This was something else entirely.

"There's a coffee shop across the street from our place… Sound okay to you?"

Ran nodded and then they were off again.

The place that Yohji spoke of had only just opened within the last couple of weeks. The older assassin had never actually been there - it had just come to mind while he was trying to think of alternatives to the date ending. He parked Seven in the flowershop's garage and they walked across the street.

The first thing that caught the blond's eye was a small sign on the door that said 'Tipping only gently discouraged here.' The second thing was the fact that it was written in both kanji *and* English. Yohji held the door open, letting his redheaded companion inside first. Instantly, their senses were assaulted by the many different types of coffees, teas, and rock music.

An older American woman was tending the bar, her somewhat tired smile greeting them as the pair came in. Yohji gave her one of his more flirtatious grins, which earned him a bony elbow in the gut. "Ow! Ran…"

"Not the time or place, Yohji." Came the gruff response. To the blond's ears, it sounded a little possessive. *That* made him nearly as giddy as a teenager on his first date.

The woman chuckled softly. "Coffee's always brewing, guys, and the grill's always open. What can I do for you?"

At the promise of food, Yohji's eyes snapped wide. "Menu?" One was put in his hands instantly. It was a simple two sided affair, but down the back was a list of American dishes that made his mouth water. "I think I might have to stop in more often."

Ran was a little less interested. "People don't actually eat this, do they?"

Two heads turned to the younger man and simultaneous voices responded with "Hey!" Yohji watched the redhead's cheeks color very quickly. He let his gaze travel down the list of foods, nodding as one of his favorites came into view. Something else caught his eye.

"'Breakfast Garbage'?"

The woman grinned at him. "It's just a mix of scrambled eggs, grilled potatoes, sausage, and cheese… not quite an omelette. Served with choice of bread."

Yohji smiled. "I'll try that. Hmmm… Wheat toast." He paid attention as her hands flew over the grill, folding the eggs around, chopping them, adding all the other ingredients… The woman really seemed to know her way around food. He filed that away for later.

They took a seat near one window, the view going out to the street. There were some bright flashes as the storm that hadn't yet left the city behind started to reassert itself. He looked at Ran and lit up a cigarette. "I'm dreading tomorrow."

"Yeah," came the soft response. The woman took a moment to come over to the table and set down a couple of glasses of ice water in front of them. Before the redhead could say a word, a mug of steaming coffee went down in front of him.

"Black coffee with a spoonful of vanilla extract. There you go, Aya."

One blond eyebrow quirked. "You've been here before?" Yohji watched the younger man nod.

"Everyday since we opened," the woman said, smiling softly at him. Her eyes went to the older assassin. "Black coffee?"

"Good guess," Yohji drawled, his gaze on the young man next to him. He watched the long fingers curl around the mug as it was lifted to the soft lips he liked kissing. Just then the crack of thunder resounded through the shop and the heavy rain started again in earnest.

His coffee and food came at the same time, prompting Yohji to take his last drag from the smoke before digging in. He chewed slowly, tasting the mixture of flavors, and then set about to devouring the dish with gusto. Carefully, he ignored the look he was getting from his tablemate. "Not a word, Ran."

"Yohji, I wasn't going to say anything."

It wasn't long before Yohji was shoving the empty plate away and reaching for his pack of smokes. When the woman came to collect the dish, he gave her a warm smile. "That was great… I'm definitely coming here more often."

She nodded, refilled their coffees, and then went back to her perch at the bar - taking up a book.

The blond folded his hand over the one that Ran wasn't using to hold his coffee mug. "I know, tomorrow, you're going to be Aya again… Just… when we're alone… could you be… you?"

Ran looked at him, his violet eyes blinking. Slowly, a smile spread over his face. "When we're alone… sounds good."

Leaning over, Yohji captured the redhead's lips again, tasting the vanilla/coffee mix. Tonight had been almost perfect. In the kiss he gave, the older assassin tried to convey his desires for a repeat of the night.

 

Retour Chapitre 9