Disclaimers: None of the Weib Kreuz characters belong to me even though I wish they would. Please do not sue me I am not gaining anything from this. I am only a poor college student writing some fiction about the cutest bishonens out there.

Author: Max Ikari

Pairings: Yohji/Aya.

Warnings: NC-17, Lemon, violence, adult language, adult situations. This story is totally AU. Genre: Angst, romance, some sap.

[ ] Inner thoughts

/ / Mind Talking

Blood Moon

Prologue

As the sacrifice day drew nearer most of the villagers were under extreme pressure from the crown. The country of Libertas, which was on the in the outskirts of the country of Draconia was the only country for miles that still practiced the sacrifice. No other country still needed it; no other country had angered the gods as they had. The sacrifice wasn’t something they were proud about, but it was a necessity. It was their punishment for the crimes their forefathers had committed.

About four centuries ago there was a ruler that all said was the Moon Heir to the god Wocnik. Nobody really knew for sure if such was the case, however, the man was imposing with his pale skin and gray eyes. He had long black hear that had silver streaks running through it, a mark of the moon. Yet, he didn’t act as other heirs before him. He was a very stubborn man who didn’t want to be the puppet of a god who nobody knew if he really existed. Thus, Argos, the heir, decided he was going to go out and conquer other lands in order to expand his empire and become wealthier. Young men all across the provinces were drafted and promised a hefty sum if they joined the army. It was all for the glory of Libertas. The first place they went after was their neighbors, the Salaks who were known for living lives of pure indulgence. When Argos finally conquered the Salaks (for the Salaks put up a good fight) decided that he wanted as advisors two Salaks, Rister, and his brother Mocnar. The Libertians were outraged. It was seen as sacrilege that their ruler was going to be taking advice of heathens. What the public didn’t know was that Argos had completely fallen in love with Rister and Mocnar’s sister Latisna who was a raven haired and green-eyed beauty. Argos wanted Rister and Mocnar leaving in the palace with him in order to be able to see Latisna and soon enough Latisna accepted the ruler as her lover. However, Mocnar was in love of Argos and wanted Argos for himself. Such was the Salak’s jealousy that it reached the heavens, in particular a deity who was very angry at Argos. Wocnik, thus visited Mocnar’s dreams and started whispering that if Latisna was gone he could have Argos all to himself. At the beginning Mocnar resisted such ideas, but as he became more miserable while his sister’s happiness grew.

That night Wocnik came to Mocnar’s dreams one more time and said that if he drank the blood of a snake, Wocnik’s symbol, when the moon became as red as blood, he could inhabit his sister’s body and have a night of pleasure with Argos. Desperate, Mocnar did as Wocnik bid and drank the blood of a snake and spent the night as Latisna. A month later the public was told that Latisna was pregnant. Argos married her saying that he was going to change the traditional laws of ruling. Up to then, there was a lot among the Nighs, Argos’ tribe as to who would be ruler. That tribe was said to be descendants of the first man the moon blessed. Thus, when the Nighs heard the decree they were furious. Not only had Argos turned his back on Wocnik, he was also turning his back to their laws. The cries of the Nighs reached the heavens in supplication. Feeling pity Wocnik descended and told the Nighs not to worry, the child Latisna carried was conceived out of Argos’ and the seed of Wocnik’s mother Taeba who was also his lover. Thus, on the day Latisna conceived, Wocnik descended again during the celebration. There was a silence after the people recognized Wocnik as the Moon god and watched as he walked up to Argos. Argos was stunned to see that Wocnik did exist and had descended to maybe to punish him. However, Wocnik went up to the babe and lifted it before kissing its forehead and calling it his child. Upon hearing this Argos snapped out of his stupor and demanded to know what Wocnik meant. Wocnik explained how the child was conceived and said that Latisna had only been a vessel for the babe, since the babe had blood of the gods running through him not hers. When Latisna heard that her own brother had betrayed her and the child she thought was hers was not, ran out of the room and an hour later was found hanged in her room by the maid. Wocnik left the babe in Argos’ care for the time being but said he would shortly return for him. Many say Argos went crazy after learning of Latisna’s death, killing Mocnar and all the Salaks he could get his hands on. When Wocnik saw that Argos had murdered Mocnar, the god was angry since he had pitied and maybe loved the young man. The whole country was in chaos because of the war raging between Argos and the Nighs, thus Argos never paid attention to his child. Enotita, (meaning unity in Greek. Latisna had named him in honor of the unity of her and Argos) was a bright young boy who had blood red hair and purple eyes. Many say that was the reason Argos never saw him; the boy reminded him too much of Wocnik since both were very pale and had amethyst colored eyes. On an early age, it could be noticed that Enotita was different from other kids. Once when the boy was eight he had been playing with a pet bird, one of the few gifts his father had presented to him in person when the bird became restless and bit the boy before flying away. Enotita had cried but soon forgot about the matter. About a month later the bird suddenly appeared in the boy’s room window and his nanny put it in the cage again. Every time Enotita passed the bird, he had this look almost as if he felt betrayed by the behavior of the bird. The nanny tried to get him to play with it again to no avail. However, one day the nanny entered the room quietly and saw that Enotita was staring at the cage with a strange expression, a small smirk that sent shivers up her spine. Then a noise in the cage attracted her attention and she noticed that the bird was jumping around, throwing its small body against the bars trying to get out before going completely still. She was so amazed that she almost missed the boy’s words: "That happens to all who betray me."

The nanny immediately ran to Argos and related the story to him. The king immediately called his son and demanded to know the truth, but the boy wouldn’t answer. He just stood there impassively staring at his father until Argos tired of the whole affair dismissed him. Argos did not find out until later in Enotita’s adolescence that Wocnik mind talked with the boy constantly. Wocnik was teaching Enotita how to grow his powers in order to depose Argos. Around the time Enotita turned seventeen, Argos went to the colony of Rashed, were their supreme god was Rasha, the goddess of war and truth. When in the country a soothsayer went up to Argos and said that in a dream Rasha had told her that the heavens were in war. Wocnik was trying to get control of the heaven as well as in earth through his son Enotita. Argos dismissed the commentary as lunacy not wanting his companions to know how much it bothered him. Upon returning Argos went to see his son who was sleeping at the time and brushed the boys hair out of his eyes before stabbing the boy in the heart before killing himself.

When Wocnik learned about the death of his son, he went into despair and was defeated by the gods. However, the Enotita had Taeba’s blood in him and his death angered the goddess deeply. Thus, she put a curse upon the whole country of Libertas and its descendants. She claimed that as they had sacrificed her son, she would demand a child of their own every seventeen years when the moon was a red as blood. The child had to be a redhead and if they failed to comply, the gods would send plagues and demons to afflict them, if they obeyed the country would be blessed with abundance of riches. This was to go on until a child was born that resembled her own.

Thus, every seventeen years during the night of the Blood Moon a child of the Libertians was sacrificed. During that night it is said the screams of the children sacrificed could be heard through all Draconia. Thus, the whole city was apprehensive on the upcoming blood moon. The parents of all those children that were born with red hair lamented their fortune at having to endure the punishment of the gods. There were about thirty adolescents this time that were to be sacrificed, girls and boys. Around them lied the child of one of the most prominent men in Libertas, Ran. On the night the child had been born Taeba had visited their house almost in tears saying that the boy greatly resembled her Enotita with his blood colored hair and amethyst eyes. Ever since Taeba had kept visiting the boy some nights becoming more excited about the upcoming Blood Moon when ran would finally belong to her. The night finally upon them, the priests dressed the youths in white robes as a symbol of their pureness. Only the priests witnessed the sacrifice, the parents of all those sacrificed spent the night in penance, quietly lamenting their fate. Each youth stepped up to drink the drug the priests would give them so they would not feel the pain. Once they drank the drug, the youths lied down in altars of marble and after a silent prayer the priests would pierce their hearts. Many cried out when they saw the blade of the knife descending upon them, other remained silent closing their eyes until a faint pain made them realize they were dying. Every fifteen years it was the same, the youths were killed and their ashes were given back to their families. Some families had as many as twenty urns. These families were given special privileges from the ruler trying to in a way repay all their suffering.

This year the sacrifice had been the same as any other, except for the fact that Taeba descended to stop the priest from killing Ran. She told the priests to kill the rest but leave Ran to her. When Taeba was satisfied that the rest were dead, she walked up to Ran and caressed his face before saying: " You are special. You are who I have been waiting for all these years." The priest could see the boy’s surprise at those words, but didn’t have a chance to ask the meaning before Taeba thrust her hand into his chest and took the boy’s soul for himself and all that could be heard were the boy’s screams. Afterwards Taeba turned and said: " Your town will have their curse lifted. Protect my son, for his soul is mine," and disappeared.

Ran was retuned to his family, and returned to a ‘normal’ life. Yet his life was anything than normal since Taeba constantly visited him and on the night of his eighteenth birthday became his first lover.

 

TBC

 

Retour Chapitre 1