Disclaimers: None of the Weib Kreuz characters belong to me even though I wish they would. Please do not sue me I am not gaining anything from this. I am only a poor college student writing some fiction about the cutest bishonens out there.

Author: Max Ikari

Pairings: Yohji/Aya, Ken/Omi.

Warnings: NC-17, Lemon, violence, adult language, adult situations. This story is totally AU.

Genre: Angst, romance, some sap.

[ ] Inner thoughts

/ / Mind Talking

Blood Moon

Chapter 1

 

"Just imagine you are a bird, no a rooster and you are about to defend your hens,"

" I fail to find your way of thinking very amusing Lord Hidaka," said Ran standing knee deep in the falls of Silentia.

The falls were located about two miles from Libertas. A place Ran and Ken frequented. The two young men had been best friends since birth. Lord Ken Hidaka was the youngest member of the Hidaka clan. Ken had been there the night of Ran’s sacrifice comforting his family, knowing that even though he was a sorcerer, he could not save his best friend. Ever since that night, Ken had secretly vowed to always protect Ran, even if that meant challenging the gods.

Dressed in a black tunic and pants, with gloves that came halfway to his fingers and draped in a black cloak, with red lining, Ken exuded vitality and sensuality. He usually wore a headband and today was no exception. Before the night of the sacrifice Ran used to tease him saying that girls waited in line to see him take his cloak and headband off. That had been then when Ran still smiled now Ran was usually quiet, not that Ken could blame him. Sitting on a tree branch and watching his friend practice with his katana gave him a chance to see Ran in a relaxed state. It was as close as Ran could get to being the man he used to be.

" Okay, okay, try to imagine you are a panther. You want to capture your enemy, however, you cannot move," said Ken. About three months ago Ran had gotten it into his head that he wanted to learn magic. Of course that meant Ken was going to teach him magic. Yet, the guy was so stubborn and impatient that it usually almost drove Ken to madness.

" A panther?" asked Ran looking at Ken incredulously. " You must think panthers can yield swords." Ran was standing in the middle of the river against the current of the water that fell from the falls above. He was drenched and tired and yet he was making something so simple more complicated.

"Okay, be whatever you like. I do not care," said Ken jumping off the tree branch. " Do you know why it is better to be animals?"

" No, but I am sure you are going to tell me," said Ran still trying to concentrate.

" They are pure. They are not like men who are afraid of showing their true nature," said Ken getting close to a wild deer. " They can recognize a friend or a foe," he said finally while stroking the deer’s head.

" Hn,"

" Even you. You are only kind to your family and close friends, which makes it about four people. You show your mask to the rest of the world," said Ken walking into the water to stand besides Ran. " Do you not get tired?"

" I have no choice," said Ran lowering his katana before turning to look at him. " I cannot control it. People without souls have no emotions."

" That’s not true," said Ken embracing his friend. " I know you love me as much as I love you. You are my brother even if it is not by blood. I know you better than you know yourself and I know that even without a soul you are still human."

" Thank you," said Ran quietly not facing Ken.

" Do not fear Ran. Taeba is not the only god in the heavens. One will pity you and release your soul, I swear it."

Ran turned to face him eyes wide in a mix of incredulity and fear.

" Do not say such blasphemous things, Taeba might hear," hissed Ran.

" Well are you going to tell, my dear Lord Fujimiya?" asked Ken in a mocking tone.

" Shut up and show me how to do this again," said Ran lifting his sword again.

Ken touched the water with the tip of his fingertips and the water parted.

" You make it seem so easy," said Ran giving Ken and evil look.

" That’s because it is,"

" Come on Ran, give it up. I am hungry," whined Ken. He returned to petting the deer, who had decided to be his companion for the day.

" Go eat then," snapped Ran angry at the constant interruption. It was then that they both heard it. Ran stretched his hand out and using a shield was able to stop the arrow mere inches away from the deer.

" You did it!" said Ken delighted before he realized that his animal friend had almost been killed.

" What…" Trumpets were heard and about five mounted riders appeared from behind the trees.

A young rider descended from a horse smiling gaily before saying, " You must forgive me. I guess I got a little carried away."

Ran stared at him coolly not even bothering to reply. The young boy’s smile faltered before he turned and mounted his horse again.

" Who the hell are you?" snapped Ran angry at the constant interruptions as well as with the boy that could have killed Ken. He was visibly seeing red that is until Ken’s acknowledgement to the person entered his thoughts. Ken put a hand in Ran’s shoulder to get his attention before bowing.

" Your highness. This is a real honor,"

Your what?…

One of the riders was dressed in a splendid white outfit that was bordered in gold and silver. He wore a white cloak, lined with black. His gloves and hat were white. He had honey colored hair and jade green eyes that contrasted with the tanned color of his skin. He was Yohji Satnir Kudou, prince heir of Libertas.

The boy beside him wore a blue outfit almost in the same fashion as the guy before, only that it was less ostentatious. Is showed the difference in their rank. However, both were still more powerful than Ran and Ken, and Ran had been rude to one of them. Ken thought him to be the adopted brother of the prince, Lord Omi Tsukiyono Duke of Salapis.

" Your highness, I take it you got back well from your trip abroad," said Ken hitting Ran lightly so the guy would bow.

" Your highness, I beg you forgive my rudeness. I did not recognize you," said Ran awkwardly.

The prince smiled sensually before saying, " Do not worry about it, an honest mistake."

Ran looked up sharply taking offense from the tone of the voice but said nothing.

" Are you cold? You are all wet," said the prince. Ken saw Ran open his mouth, fearing Ran would say something threatening Ken interrupted, " Lord Ran was about to change. We were just finishing with his workout."

Ken could tell that Ran was visibly shaken, his eyes followed as he dismissed himself and disappeared behind the trees to change. Ken could see the stare the prince was openly giving Ran. It angered him. The prince’s exploits were well known around the kingdom , the reason he’d been sent to Virkamir three years ago to complete his schooling. The school was well known to only cater the elite and the rich, Ran could have gone except for the fact that he was a redhead and could not leave the country.

" My Lord, it is not wise to covet what belongs to the gods," said Ken smiling. Lord Omi laughed beside the prince. What Ken didn’t know was that Omi was also coveting something that he shouldn’t. The way Ken moved, it was sensual and the Duke was positive the man didn’t even know it.

" What do you mean?" asked Yohji his face showing how irritated he was at being told what to do.

" You should not desire that which is already taken. He belongs to Taeba."

Yohji stared at Ken a few seconds before turning to look at the trees where Ran had disappeared and the looking back again.

" How old is he?" asked the prince in a tone that gave no choice but to answer.

" Eighteen my lord. He will be nineteen this coming harvest,"

" So he is the one. The one my father said lifted the curse from our lands," said Yohji surprised.

" The same one my lord," said Ken turning to look at Omi. He hastily broke contact not being able to understand the heat of the gaze. It was ironic, Ken could recognize when someone desired another but never himself as Ran often told him.

" What is your name?" asked Omi, visibly amused at the young man’s reaction.

" Ken Hidaka."

" From the Hidaka clan?" Omi asked, surprised. Ken nodded keeping his eyes on the ground.

" So you are a sorcerer. Is your friend also a sorcerer?" asked Omi, smiling at how much he was affecting Ken.

" No my lord, he is more of a swordsman," said Ken quietly.

" What is your friend’s name?" asked Yohji.

" Ran Fujimiya," said Ken looking up. Yohji turned his attention from Ken toward Ran who came out all dressed in black: tunic, cloak, and gloves. Yohji had to admit that the color did suit him. It made him imagine things he shouldn’t be. Before he had left for school, Yohji had only gotten involved with women, however, when he went to Virkamir, his tastes changed. He had learned to appreciate beauty on both sexes. Yet, right now he wished he didn’t like men. It was bad enough that the guy was tempting, but knowing he couldn’t touch him because heavenly retribution would come…

" Your highness you must forgive me but I recently learned that I have a meeting," said Ran unusually serious. Ken understood what that meant. Taeba had contacted Ran again.

" If you must," said the prince, trying not to sound saddened by the statement.

" Lord Fujimiya?" asked Omi before Ran left. " In about three days time, there will be a party at the castle to celebrate the return of our Lord Yohji. We would be very honored if you two could attend."

Ran bowed and nodded before leaving on his white horse in the direction of the forest. Ken was distraught, he just hoped Ran would be able to ask Taeba what they had discussed earlier.

" Why so sad sorcerer?" asked Omi, looking at Ken with sadness in his eyes.

" Um?…Oh, nothing. If you forgive me my lords, I have to take my leave,"

" Do not forget about the party. I will send the invitations," said Omi smiling.

Ken found himself smiling back. Bowing slightly, Ken walked toward the trees while light engulfed him. He emerged as a huge falcon flying above the prince and the duke before heading home.

" You are a flirt," said the prince eyeing Omi suspiciously. " You don’t usually invite people you’ve just met right over."

Omi smiled. " I like him," said Omi not ashamed. " Besides at least he is available. I am not pining after a god’s lover."

" Very funny bishonen," said Yohji getting the reigns of his black horse and started moving in the direction of the forest.

" Do you think father will mind that I invited them?" asked Omi suddenly nervous.

" You should have thought that before inviting them," said Yohji looking ahead.

" I know, besides I can always blame it on you," said Omi smiling sweetly.

" Save it for Lord Hidaka. That smile does not have the same effect on me," said Yohji grinning. " I bet you don’t even know how to get laid."

" Prince heir, I find this language of yours rather crude," said Omi losing his sense of humor.

" That was the point."

Ran walked silently toward the inside of the forest. He could already feel Taeba’s presence, the whole forest was almost glowing, as if it could also sense the goddess. Ran stopped the horse when he reached a clearing. Dismounting he removed the cloak’s hood off his head and proceeded walking until he came upon a girl that looked about sixteen. Her eyes and hair were the color of silver, as well as her dress. She had a playful expression on her face and when she saw Ran, she glowed with happiness.

" Mistress," said Ran kneeling before her. Ran watched as she walked barefoot, it seemed as if she was floating instead of walking.

" My dear Ran," she breathed in a melodic tone.

Any other man would be tempted by the goddess, but not Ran since he was not attracted to her. Ran had noticed ever since sleeping with Taeba that he was not very attracted to women. It was men who he seemed to notice, which only added to his distress. Not only was he unable to be touched by anyone, he couldn’t touch anyone either. People feared the wrath of the goddess.

"My dear Ran, I have been watching you. Why are you so sad?" asked Taeba lifting the boy’s chin to meet her eyes.

" I am not," said Ran quietly.

" Do not lie to me Ran, I can sense it in your soul," said Taeba still caressing the boy’s face. Ran could see that she was about to kiss him, but Ran couldn’t bear it. He lowered his head as a sign of humility, when he was in reality avoiding the kiss.

" Mistress, you are right. I am saddened by my life," said Ran boldly. He could almost hear Taeba’s disapproval.

" May I ask why?" said the goddess in a mildly annoyed voice.

" I have a favor to ask and I beg you to honor it if it is possible," said Ran lifting his face to see her eyes.

" A favor. Name it before I decide anything," said Taeba floating above the ground. She looked angelical, a total opposite of what she actually was.

" I—I—if it would please you, I no longer wish to be your lover. It is not that I do not love my mistress. Far be it, I am—I just cannot sleep with someone I do not love and feel attracted to," said Ran looking down at the ground quickly. He was just waiting for a lighting bolt to cut him in two. Not that he would mind at all, it would be better that existing under the control of another. That is what he most envied of all those youths that died on the night of the sacrifice. They were free.

" You are not attracted to me? I am not beautiful enough?" asked Taeba visibly amused.

" You are beautiful, I am just not attracted to women," said Ran finally.

Taeba stared at him before starting to laugh. " I should have expected it. My Enotita was also attracted to members of his own sex. He was a pure child, my dear love," said Taeba lifting her hand to her chest as if it still hurt her to remember. " I can grant your wish. However, you must not fall in love until I permit it. Is that understood?"

" Of course my goddess. I could not possibly love anyone else for you own my soul," said Ran looking at Taeba through blood red bangs. The goddess smiled.

Yohji was impatient about the party. Ever since seeing the redhead the blonde had come to the conclusion that he wanted the man. However, he also realized that he could not simply forget about him, even if he was taken by a goddess. It gave the prince a feeling of injustice since the gods already had everything. A knock at his door introduced his adopted brother, Omi.

" Hello Yohji, you are still brooding over the redhead?" asked the Duke teasingly.

" I am not," said Yohji annoyed at Omi’s teasing. He could also tease the kid but he was too busy brooding.

" Well then, I am planning on being with that cute sorcerer all night," said Omi, flopping in the bed in a very childish way.

" Aren’t you a little young to talk this way?" asked Yohji, getting up from his desk.

" I had the best teacher. Besides you are just trying to be nice in order to get that redhead," Omi smiled mischievously.

" Something like that," said the prince smiling at himself in the mirror. He looked great, and there was no doubt in his mind he couldn’t seduce anyone. But, as Omi the realist, loved to point out…

" You are competing against a goddess. It doesn’t get any worse than that,"

The party day finally arriving, Ken found himself to be very nervous, he couldn’t quite place why he was so nervous. That Duke, he had run into in the forest, had been looking at him funny, almost hungrily. However, when Ran had come back from changing his clothes, the look had quickly changed to a friendly smile.

Still, he really didn’t want to attend, he didn’t want to mingle with a bunch of bluebloods who saw sorcery as something not fir for real aristocrats. It was basic understanding that if you had the money, you left the country and attended a reputable school. The elite did not spend their time hanging out with sorcerers and sacrifices.

Walking toward Ran’s house, he could see people working in their farms and trying for the most part to fix the town, since the king had decreed that the streets needed to be cleaned for the party. Looking at the sky, he could see the last rays of sunlight hiding behind the mountains. There was no way he could avoid this party, he had told Ran that much. Ran did not seem ecstatic at the idea of having to spend all night in the company of ‘spoiled high class brats’ as he put it so eloquently. He had agreed.

" Lord Hidaka," screamed Nadia, a little girl who always clung to him. She had long black hair and blue eyes; everybody said she would be a looker when she grew up. The first few times he had thought it was cute, until she became possessive. It was disturbing that a nine-year-old girl could be so aggressive.

" Lady Nadia," said Ken, bowing slightly.

" Lord Hidaka, no need to be so formal," said Nadia blushing slightly. " Where are you taking yourself at this time of night? Not to visit Lord Fujimiya?"

" Actually I was on my way to his house. We were invited to attend His Majesty’s ball," said Ken, smiling.

" Oh, a Ball!" said Nadia in a sigh. " Well you should be on your way, no need to anger the King. Oh, yes, my dear Lord Ken do not talk with other ladies, they are bad and will only manipulate you."

Ken chuckled a little at this and taking Nadia’s hand in his hand he bowed and kissed it lightly before adding, " I shall take the Lady’s advice to heart. Have a good night Lady Nadia."

Once Nadia left, Ken continued in his walk to Ran’s house. He just hoped he wasn’t late.

No such luck, Ran was waiting outside his house in the carriage. Damn.

Once he got settled inside the coach, Ran spoke smiling slightly.

" I see our Lady Nadia is becoming more bold,"

" Shut up, it is not funny. I have no idea how I am to be rid of her," Ken passed a hand through his hair. " You look nice."

" As do you. Who chose that, your father?"

" You would think that. I am perfectly capable of dressing myself," said Ken looking down at his garments. He wore a black cloak with hood, lined in white. His pants were black as well. The tunic he had chosen was white embroidered with silver at the edges. To complete the ensemble he wore white gloves. But one thing that still identified him as a sorcerer, was his headband it was also black. Yet, it disturbed him that Ran stared at his black head band.

Ran on the other hand wore a totally black outfit. It looked great on him, but Ken wished he wasn’t so unsure of himself as to need black to drive everybody away.

" I do not think that. You just seem to broadcast your trade too much," said Ran turning to stare outside.

" People do not bother me that way," said Ken a little sad. He knew his background usually alienated people. Sometimes he just wished people did not see it that way. He was on his way to becoming the strongest wizard in the country with only his master to rival him. Even though that was a good thing since he would be better fit to defend his kingdom, it was bittersweet feeling.

" Do not worry Lord Hidaka, you are perfect the way you are," said Ran not turning from looking out the window.

Ken smiled. At least somebody thought otherwise.

When the carriage finally arrived at the castle, Ran was suddenly assaulted by a feeling of claustrophobia. He never liked big crowds and considering the face of disgust Ken was making, he agreed with him.

" Oh gods. What have we gotten ourselves into?" asked Ken distressed at the amount of people in the courtyard. Both men had been in the castle before, however it was almost empty during the times they had been there. Nothing like the sense of chaos that was going around. Climbing the steps Ken said, " I wish that Duke were here. I could kill him for his invitation,"

" Really Lord Hidaka, it is quite unnecessary. We can limit ourselves to the balcony and we will be fine," said Ran giving his cloak to a servant while Ken did the same.

" Balcony? Oh balconies I like," Ken whispered.

Ran smiled.

Both men entered the ballroom picking a drink in the process. Ken looked more relaxed once they reached the balcony and just sat there looking at the skies.

" It attracts you does it not?" asked Ran watching from where he was sitting. Ken lifted his hand a small ball of energy blew off his hand. It flew off towards the sky and seemed to cling to the heavens.

" I feel an attraction to the heavens. It was said that the first gods were actually mortals who having done extraordinary deeds became stars. Maybe all of those sacrificed compose part of the stars that shine on us tonight," the brunette’s tone was nostalgic. " Do you think it could be possible?"

" I am not a sorcerer Ken," said Ran a little annoyed. Ken’s speech had awoken in him that sense of sadness that was with him most of the time.

" I did it again. I made you remember, I am sorry," said Ken looking at the ground instead.

Ran waved it off. " It’s not your fault. I would rather be reading right now,"

" I tend to agree," said Ken walking to sit beside Ran again.

Both sat there looking at the grounds wanting very much to be gone.

 

TBC...

 

Retour Chapitre 2