Blood Moon

Chapter 8

 

"There is always the risk that Prince Crawford will come with bodyguards. You must be alert to anything," repeated Ken for what seemed the thousand time that day.

"I know, I know," mumbled Yohji as he picked at the end of his sleeve getting some loose threads off. The blonde was dressed casually in some black trousers, white shirt and black jacket. Sporting a small circlet around his head to make him look a bit more imposing.

Omi was sitting beside his brother looking out the window. It had already been two months since the last time that Ken hugged him. He ached for the brunette, but it was as if the young mage was going out of his way to avoid him. It made the blonde reach a sad conclusion.

Ken didn’t love him. That thought more than anything made him wish he had never fallen for the mage. It was too painful to be in the same room and not to be able to touch him.

Yohji had said that Ken needed to get over some of his problems and be able to accept him. Omi doubted that.

Someone was talking to him…"What?"

Ken was looking at him with worried eyes. "Are you alright?"

Omi was so startled that he could feel a blush spreading throughout his face. This was no good.

"Duke?"

"Yes! I’m okay." The harshness of his voice surprised him. Yohji was giving an odd look, but when he turned to look at Ken; the mage was quietly watching him. The look was making blush again.

"What?" Ken’s eyes widened a bit before shaking his head. Yohji raised a golden eyebrow looking between the two of them.

Clearing his throat while fixing his robes Yohji turned to look outside the carriage. They were almost there.
As if reading his thoughts, Ken said; "It won’t be long before we get there."

"Yes. What do you think? We will be able to accomplish anything?"

Sighing quietly, the brunette shaked his head. "The Prince of Zawquir wants war. He has tasted blood and had become drunk on it. Nothing will be resolved by this meeting."

Yohji laughed. Omi’s eyes widened as if wondering if his brother had gone insane.

Ken propped his head on the palm of his right hand watching the Prince. Omi’s felt his mouth drop when he saw the playful look the mage was giving Yohji. It was as if Ken was flirting with Yohji!

It was ridiculous! Yet, the Duke could not shake off the jealous feeling that started to spread throughout his body. It was so much that it threatened to overwhelm him.

A lazy smile graced the Mage’s lips making Omi blink once to make sure it was still there.

Before he even noticed, the young Duke started speaking "Umm…"

Both men in the carriage turned to look at him and it was then that Omi realized he was talking and felt a thousand times the fool.

Yohji raised a brow waiting for him to speak. When he saw no answer forthcoming he started smiling. That smirk that said he knew what Omi was thinking and found it amusing.

"Anything you want to say chibi?"

Omi felt his jaw drop when he heard a chuckle from Ken. Oh, no. Yohji had not just called him chibi in front of Ken. He had not, but seeing Ken smiling Omi felt his face go hot. If Yohji wanted to humiliate him, Omi was not about to help him feel better about it.

"You are an idiot."

"Such treasonous words. Insulting the Prince heir."

Omi turned to see Ken watching him under a fall of brown hair. A small sigh escaped him, he wanted Ken so much and he couldn’t find an excuse to make the mage want to be with him. Yohji had said to give it time. He had already given all the time he was capable of. He needed Ken, needed him in a way that he never thought possible.

"Hn. I’m tired, wake me up when we get there," said Omi before lying back and closing his eyes. It was easy to fall asleep, because once asleep he could dream of the things he couldn’t do, like have Ken.

Yohji watched Ken out of the corner of his eyes. The Mage was looking out the window and once in a while would turn his eyes toward Omi. His eyes softening every time they came to rest of the young blonde’s face.

"Why don’ you give him a break?"

"Mmm?" Ken turned slowly to look at the Prince being distracted from his Omi watching.

"If you want him just tell him so. No use in making both of your lives miserable," said Yohji as he smiled at Ken’s expression. Then the mage started smiling. That was one thing that Yohji had been learning ever since Ken came back from Sorcerer’s Mount; the mage was different. He was sharper and seemed to be able to tell a lot of thing from simple appearances. The transformation was incredible by simply sitting beside the brunette, the Prince could feel the power radiating from the man No wonder Omi felt such a big pull towards the man, it was as if he was a magnet.

"And then what your highness? I cannot stay in Libertas you know that as well as I. What will happen once I get back?"

Yohji blinked lifting his head from where it rested on his palm. So it seemed the mage had thought through this. It was not only a matter of having given up his emotions it was also the fact that he knew that he would have to leave Omi eventually. He could see the determination in the mage’s eyes, how much he was sacrificing.

"I see. Have you heard anything from Ran?"

Ken blinked at the change of topic but it was not happier than the one he had been dwelling on before.

"No, I have not," sighed the brunette. "The odd thing is that I used to be able to feel him but after a while I lost all sense of him, as if he were dead."

"Dead? But how?"

"My Prince you as well as I know that Libertas has many enemies, if they found out Ran was from Libertas they could have accused him of spying. They are a million ways he could’ve have died if I want to believe that. The problem is I can not, not yet."

"I know what you mean. I cannot think about him that way either."

Ken smiled before turning to look out the carriage, "My brother is out there, alive would be preferable."

"Schuldich keep an eye on your princess."

"Ah, my Prince but as you can see right now he is not my princess he is that thing you made of him."

Crawford raised a perfectly polished brow, "You do not approve?"

"I have no right to have any say in my Liege’s actions," replied the redhead as he bowed his head to his Prince.

"See it remains that way, for the meantime you and Lord Nagi are to keep an eye on him at all times. I do not wanting running into someone that he recognizes he might remember. Also keep an eye on Lord Nagi, him and Lord Fujimiya seem to have gotten close."

An amused smile spread across Schuldich’s features, "Oh?"

"Seems the orchid was not as naïve as I once thought he was."

"I see, this might be an interesting trip. So how is your wife?"

"Mmm."

"I see. I feel sorry for the girl."

"You don’t feel sorry for anyone."

"Maa, I am wounded that you doubt my words."

"I doubt everything about you."

A soft knock made Schuldich turn to the door while the Prince calmly walked to his desk. Nagi entered to inform them that their carriage was ready and they should be arriving Oedgar late tonight. Once the boy left, Schuldich turned his attention back to Crawford who was reading through his uncle’s diary as if he had no other care in the world. The redhead frowned before excusing himself from his Prince. Lately, his power was becoming less and less effective against Crawford, Schuldich attributed it to the fact that he had created a vessel much more powerful than Schuldich. It was all a matter of calculations and Crawford had calculated well aided by his talent of precognition. The bastard had thought about everything and if everything went as planned Crawford was going to become a king before the year was out.

It was true that Schuldich did not like his Prince very much, yet he respected the man. Once Crawford became king; Zawquir would enter a new era and perhaps become one of the greatest powers in Draconia. It was Zawquir’s time to shine and show the world the true meaning of power.

The thought made the telepath’s smile widen a bit more.

"Well we are here. Now what?" sighed Omi as he sat on his bed speaking to no one. Yohji and Ken had been taken to their respective rooms to get cleaned up before being received by the Oedgar king. Sighing, Omi passed a hand through his hair before a knock alerted his of the castle hands bringing in some buckets with hot water filling the tub in the bathroom. It was then that Omi snapped from his self-absorption in order to check out his surroundings. The room was lush with a light brown carpet; golden curtains making the room seem brighter with the setting sun.

The bathroom was set up with a white tub and full body mirror. The girls that were setting up his bath brought with them some towels and body salts. Shrugging, Omi undressed before soaking in the bath. It gave him a time to think about the situation at hand.

They were at Oedgar in order to have peace talks with the representative of the kingdom of Zawquir. Yet, a part of Omi knew that the peace talks were a farce. There was no way that the Prince of Zawquir would satiate his power hunger simply because they had peace talks. Prince Crawford was too greedy for that. So that left him with nothing to think about except Ken. Sinking his body underwater, Omi tried to stop the images that pleased and hunted him of late. Ever since Ken had returned from Sorcerer’s Mount, Omi had been having odd dreams. Not bad dreams, however the dreams lighted a fire in him that he didn’t know how to deal with. More than one day had he woken up from a particularly intense dream to find himself soaked in sweat as well as having his draws sticking to his lower regions.

The burning sensation in his chest was becoming more acute; he had been underwater too long, yet he liked the feeling. It made him feel alive in a world that had stopped making sense ever since running into Lord Fujimiya and Mage Hidaka almost two years ago.

Slightly coughing, the young blonde surfaced from the tub as his hair stuck to his forehead and eyes. He needed Ken; it was not an option anymore. Just seeing the mage made the young Duke ache.

"Ken…" mind decided, the young Duke got out of the tub dressing on his finest garments.

The dinner had been a quiet affair compared to what the young prince of Oedgar said it was going to be tomorrow. Omi was a bit amused by the Prince’s behavior; his dress was odd as well since he was dressed as if he were a sultan, a smaller version of his father. He was a dark skinned boy almost as if he spent all of his days in the sun. His face was delicate with raven colored hair that curled at the bottom of his neck and had clear piercing turquoise eyes. It was his eyes that drew Omi’s attention in the first place. He had never seen anyone with that eye color, it was as rare as amethyst. That thought made Omi turn to look at Ken who was deep in conversation with the kingdom’s mage. They seemed to be trying to prove a point Ken’s brows coming together as he pondered on what the mage said before nodding slowly.

Perhaps Ken did not want to talk to him anymore because his friend was missing.

"Duke? Are you alright?"

Omi blinked seeing the young Prince beside him.

"Oh yes, forgive me my mind seems to have run off a moment ago."

Prince Herdig smiled before continuing his conversation. Omi had to give it to the boy; he did have an interesting life what with Oedgar being the capital where the rare and unique lived. No wonder the people here had so many rare qualities. However, no matter what else he contemplated, his thoughts always returned to Ken. Perhaps if he were drunk enough he would not notice.

"If you would excuse me your Highness. The trip seems to have taken more from me than I initially thought. I bid thee goodnight."

"Good night Prince Kudou."

Bidding goodnight to the mage he has been speaking to, Ken walked over to where Omi was sitting with Prince Herdig to find a very happy Omi. To most people he would not seem drunk, but ken knew him better. Omi was never this happy, his cheeks looked a bit flushed and if he took the conversation into account, it seemed that both men were a bit intoxicated. What they were saying made no sense something about breeding dragons and yewrcas a rare species of reptile. The yewrcas belonged in the same family as dragons, almost similar except for the fact that yewrcas did not breathe fire; they spitted a viscous substance that could burn through concrete. Yewrcas never bred with dragons, which was a good thing, it was forbidden in the magical arts because of the consequences of it.

"Duke?"

Omi started before turning to him, there was a slight widening of eyes before his expression closed.

"Seems your highness that my bodyguard has arrived. Must be off then."

Prince Herdig grinned as he patted the blonde’s shoulder, "No problem Duke. Will you ride with me to see our beasts before you leave?"

"Of course, I did promise after all."

"Then goodnight. Rest well."

"Same to you your highness."

Ken inclined his head in salute to the king before following Omi out of the room. Omi was swaying a bit, his drunkenness more obvious now that he was walking.

"Duke, do you need some help?"

Omi chuckled a bit, "I do not need help mage."

Ken cringed, well he guessed he deserved that with the way he had lately been treating Omi.

"Omi…"

Suddenly, Omi whirled to face him face taut with anger, "Do not speak to me! You have hurt me more deeply that anybody could."

Ken was blinking at him a weird expression on his face. Omi was angry but as soon as it had come the feeling deserted him leaving him empty. Who was he fooling? Ken never wanted him from the start and had only kissed him when he was about to leave. It was as if the mage had felt sorry for him.

They walked in silence until he arrived at his room, Ken following him to make sure that he got there safely. This was a risk as Ken had said before Zawquir could have sent assassins.

Not daring to look at the brunette, Omi turned thinking it better to get an apology out of the way now that he would not feel an worse, "Forget it, hmm…forgive me the wine clouds my judgment. I bid thee goodnight."

"Omi…"

"Please Ken, do not make it harder than it already is. I realize it now, funny that it took me getting drunk to figure it out. I understand, good night."

Ken was about to ask what the blonde understood, but Omi had already entered his room.

"Forgive me."

Ken could not sleep. He had tried but he kept tossing and turning thinking about what Omi had said.

[This is what you always wanted. Let it go. Omi has finally given up on you, leave it be.]

"I can’t."

He got up grabbing his tunic in just in case. Walking through the castle halls, Ken was stopped twice by guards patrolling the inside of the castle. Once he reached Omi’s room all the courage he had gathered seemed to desert him. What was he doing here?

He knocked twice with no response [That idiot must be drunk out of his mind. You can walk away.]

But his body refused to listen; instead he carefully opened the door stepping inside to a completely dark room.

"Omi? Omi…"

Omi was lying in bed, the bed covers partially thrown off the bed exposing a side of his body. He looked so small in the huge bed, his cheeks still a bit flushed from the alcohol that evening. Ken broke off from his silent contemplation when he heard Omi take in a deep breath and hold it. It seemed the young blonde had woken up while Ken just stood dumbly staring at him.

"Ken?"

"Yes."

Lifting himself on his elbows Omi stared at him perhaps wondering why the brunette was in his room.

"What….?"

"I just came to apologize. I am sorry for acting the way I have."

"Oh no…I made a fool of myself tonight."

Ken smiled before sitting on Omi’s bed. The Duke sadly stared at him.

"Ken…I—I…"

"What’s wrong?"

"I just want to know something. Where you ever attracted to me?"

The brunette drew in a breath trying to put his thoughts in some kind of order, "Omi…"

Omi started to crawl out of the covers to where Ken was, "I—I just want to know. Was it so awful when you kissed me that you do not want to have anything to do with me anymore?"

"Omi you know that is not it."

"Then tell me!"

"Omi, it’s not that simple."

"It is!…it is. For me it is. I need you with me," said Omi as he grabbed handfuls of Ken’s tunic.

"Omi!"

Omi threw himself over Ken kissing him wherever he could. He was crying trying to get Ken to understand.

"Omi! Stop it!"

Suddenly Omi went limp on top of him his small body shaking in effort as he tried to stop crying. Closing his eyes, Ken sighed putting a hand around Omi’s shaking shoulders.

"I’m sorry Omi. I never meant to hurt you."

Omi sighed before a wry chuckle escaped him, "I’m sorry, I just…I just missed you when you left."

"I missed you too."

A tear streaked face lifted from Ken’s chest; Ken had to fight the urge to laugh. Sometimes Omi did look younger than he actually was.

"You did?"

"Yes, I did," said Ken tracing Omi’s jaw with a finger before leaning to kiss him. It started as a chaste kiss, but once he started he could stop. Omi’s lips tasted so sweet with a hint of wine, Omi clung to him moaning once ken’s tongue entered his mouth. They kissed until they had to break off for air. Then Omi lowered his face to Ken’s throat starting to kiss him in an attempt to mark him.

"Omi…we should stop." But it felt so good.

"Ken, please. Just tonight, just this time."

Ken did not want to give in, but the way Omi was kissing him and rubbing against him was making him forget reason quickly.

"Ken…"

[Just this once.]

Flipping the lithe body under his own, the brunette began removing their clothes ending with both their heated manhoods rubbing against each other. Omi’s back arched at the sensations wanting more of Ken.

"Ken…"

Ken started kissing down Omi’s pale chest relishing in how soft the Duke’s skin was. He continued moving down until he reached Omi’s thighs. Omi started moaning hands fisting on the bed sheets wanting Ken to touch him but the brunette wasn’t paying attention. He kept kissing and licking the inside of his thighs while his hair on occasion brushed against Omi’s sensitive manhood.

"Ken…please…"

Chuckling a bit, Ken decided it was enough of torturing the boy instead taking him in his mouth. Omi arched his back hips twitching wanting to bury himself in that welcome heat.

Strong hands grasped his hips preventing him from moving. Moving around a bit, Ken located a small vial of oil unstopping it and pouring some oil on his fingers. He was already painfully hard doubting he would be able to last very long.

Omi kept moaning his name tensing briefly when he felt Ken’s finger enter him, but then the brunette started humming and Omi lost himself to the sensations.

It was awkward at first when Ken entered him, a feeling of pain with faint wisps of pleasure in the background. However, when Ken started moving and hit something inside him that made his see white he no longer felt pain. Ken kept hitting that spot over and over Omi was not bound to last very long spilling his seed between their bodies calling out his lover’s name. When Omi contracted around Ken, the brunette pumped once more burying himself to the hilt inside his lover before emptying himself.

They lay there trying to get their breathing under control. The room air rapidly cooling the sweat clinging to their bodies. Omi was the first to break the silence.

" That was incredible."

"Aa."

Silence.

"Do you regret it?"

Ken turned to place a small kiss on the younger man’s lips, "No I don’t," and was rewarded with a bright smile.

"Me neither." It had been the most intense orgasm he had ever had.

However, once Omi was asleep Ken began to think that maybe he had made a mistake.

"Are we almost there?"

"I’ll let you know when we get there, Lord Schuldich."

"My Prince you can be such a bore sometimes."

Nagi’s eyes widened at Schuldich’s statement but Crawford was no longer paying any attention to him.

"Aya, do you remember what you are to do?"

The silent figure beside him lifted his intensely colored amethyst eyes to stare at brown ones, "I understand."

"You are to kill the Prince of Libertas."

" I understand my Lord."

"Leave nothing behind, Zawquir needs this war to become the strongest power this world has ever seen."

Turquoise colored hair partially covered Aya’s features making the side of his face that was exposed to the light seem more translucent.

"You are my sword that will bring terror to the world. People will tremble when they hear the name ‘Dark Night.’ Together we will bring Draconia to a new era."

A small smile spread across Aya’s lips, "Your wish is my command, I shall make all your wishes come true."

"Yes…yes you will."

 

TBC...

Retour Chapitre 9