Title: Colours of my life

Author: Sardius

Category: Angst/Romance

Warnings: R for now (maybe NC-17 later)

Pairing: Yohji/Aya(Ran)

Disclaimer: I don’t own Weiss Kreuz, it belongs to its creator and company. (sobs) if only they were mine….sniff sniff

Author’s Note: Ya I’m back! Cheers for me! I’m glad ppl liked the last chapter and now this is where the story begins! Heh. Well of course Ran is not dead yet! Otherwise what’s the point of this story ne ^ ^ but I must agree it is a miracle right? Cough…. Okay me stop rambling. Thanks for reviewing me! *hugs to all* I had fun reading them!

Onto the fic~~~

// // Mind talking

Yohji’s thoughts

[ ] Flashback

Chapter Five: Waiting in Darkness

One night I wandered alone down the pathway

Calling your name many times

But only the echoes of my voice remain

I lost my way during my search

Searching for you everywhere

In the end I gave up in despair

Sitting alone in the darkness

And just as my hopes died

I saw your footsteps

Following my track

And it was then

I realised

You were there all along

Watching me from behind

Fujimiya Ran

He’s so pale. So lifeless. His crimson hair spread out on the pillow. Red against white. Like his blood. So much blood. Everywhere. I screamed for you but you did not hear. I tried everything I can to open your eyes.

Please just open eyes.

You don’t respond. You lay there motionless, your life slipping away from my grasp.

"Aya…." I whispered. My hands were covered with blood. Not my blood. His blood. Dripping onto the ground. His lifeless eyes piercing into my soul. His lips whispering words of hatred to my ear blood dripping from his mouth.

"I hate you…. You said you’d be there for me. You lied like everyone else did… I hate you…hate you…. hate you"

"No Aya…. please don’t hate me! I’m sorry…. Sorry…Oh god I’m so sorry." I chanted. He layed limp in my arms, his eyes shifted, starring into me as his eyes rolls out of his socket…

"It’s too late. Everything is too late."

I screamed.

"AYA!!!!!"

"YOHJI!"

"What?" I bolted up. I looked around the room. Everything was still the same. The monitor beeping continuously on my side, the light casting shadows flickering along the wall. My eyes search around the room and focus on a blond figure. His blue eyes filled with concern.

"Yohji….are you alright? Maybe you should go home and rest…." I dazedly look up at him as he continues "I mean….me and Ken can stay around when Aya wakes up."

Aya…. Oh God Aya!

"Aya!" I pushed myself off the chair as it crashed onto the floor looking franticly for the redhead.

Where is here? Maybe Schwarz got him again.

Warms hands gathered around me.

"Yohji it’s okay. Aya is right next to you. He’s okay." I search around and saw a figure lying next to me was Aya. His crimson hair spread out on the pillow….just like the dream.

"Aya!" I reached out and touched his cold fingers against mine. He’s still unconscious, his face relaxed, his breathing deep and normal. It was the most peaceful feature I ever saw him in. His chest rises slowly up and down as I grasp onto his hands tightly, thinking I might lose him any second. And when will he wake up? Tonight? Tomorrow? A week? A month? Will he simply be like this forever? Will I even have the chance to talk to him again? I brushed his silky hair away from his forehead, white bandages wrapped around his skull. He lies there motionless, breathing slowly beside me, at least he is safe now…Schuldig. He had wanted to kill Aya and…and I couldn’t stop him. Why? What was their purpose? To unbalance Weiss? Is that it?

"Yohji…. Please…. you need to rest." Omi pleaded his blue eyes filled with tears.

I jerk my focus back to the boy; "I’m okay kid. Sorry I scared you back then…I just…. I just wasn’t thinking." My arm was still sore from the bullet wound as I hastily wrap my arms around him and he hugs back, as we seek comfort with each other. Omi and Ken luckily were not injured as much with only minor scratch and bruises. At least not like Aya. Omi was practically shaking when he saw me carrying the bloody Aya in my arms. We all thought he was going to die. It was only when the doctor told us he was going to be okay did I shakily sat down on the floor. It was a terrible night.

But what ponders me was why Schuldig wanted to kill Aya?

[ // Good bye Fujimiya Ran // ]

Ran….he had called Aya, Ran. Is that his real name? I have always known Aya was not his real name but it was strange hearing his name spoken from the German’s lips. I dimly made myself outside the hospital room and sat down on the bench. My hand thimble for a cigarette, lighting it with shaky fingers.

God…. I don’t think I can ever be the same again.

I remember clearly when Aya was shot. It was like everything was replaying in my mind over and over repeatedly. His amethyst eyes piercing into mine and I could not do anything but watch him collapse in his own blood…

[Flashback]

"AAAYYYAAA!!!!!", I screamed. I ran towards the redhead as he layed motionless on the ground. I shakily gathered him in my arms, blood gashing from his temple.

Oh god…. so much blood

"Aya…Aya…onegai…. wake up……" I didn’t know what to do….I searched for my ear piece and contacted Omi…….it took forever for the kid to answer me.

"Yohji! Are you all right? Have you found Aya…where are you? Me and Ken are at the carpark already…Yohji…Yohji…you there?"

"Omi…" I sobbed weakly. Tears just kept pouring down my cheek, I wipe them away angrily, his blood, Aya’s blood smearing onto my face…. there is no time for crying now Kudou, get your acts together. "Omi….Aya’s been hurt…we need to get him to the hospital, there is no time….contact Manx, Birman anyone! We need help immediately!"

// Why try saving him…. he’s dead already//

I swirled around, clutching Aya protectively. I didn’t realised the bastard was still there smirking down at me. I reached down to draw my wire out but his voice interrupted me again.

// No need for that kitten….I’m not going to kill you. But I’m sure enjoying the show here. //

"You bastard! What the fuck do you want?!" I wanted to rip that smirk off his face. How dare he? After what he did to Aya…he’s standing there like nothing has happen. I want to fucking kill him.

// Oh but this is more fun…. hearing you screaming bitter hatred to me. I’m sure your dead kitten there would have done the same. //

"Why?" I asked. I wanted to know. Why did he want to kill Aya but not the whole of Weiss? What was their purpose?

" Because it’s more fun this way…Yotan…. watching you suffer and never knowing the truth."

The lanky German gave one last look at the blond assassin and slowly began to walk away, the mist crowding around his presence.

// It’s a pity you didn’t hear his thoughts before he died. You may never hear it again…till next time Weiss…it is not over yet. // And he chuckles, disappearing among the rubble…..

[End Flashback]

"Yohji…"

I looked up at the figure standing in front of me. It was Ken. His face was exhausted, dark rings under his eyes. He looks about as dead as me. He sat down beside me on the bench gazing into the starless sky. The silence wore on, both of us preferring the quietness for once.

"You know… he will know once he wakes up."

I inhaled more smoke into my lungs as I continue to gaze up into the sky.

"I know…."

"Yohji…" Ken falters for a moment "You know he will never be able to function in Weiss again."

"I know…"

Ken gets up and grabs onto to me, his face flushed with anger. "How can you be so fucking calm about it Yohji! He’s fucking….."

"I know he’s fucking blind Ken!" I interrupted him. I jerk his hands from his grasp facing away from him. What does he know? He wasn’t there at the fucking time. He didn’t see Aya almost dieing in his eyes.

"What do you want me to say? It happened and now it’s over and we have to fucking face it! I know, you know, Omi knows…I…I…don’t you know I hurt as much as he does."

[Flashback]

"He is very lucky to be alive. Most patients with an injury like these would have automatically died. He was lucky that the bullet did not go through his brain but only damages his eyesight."

"Sight…What do you mean?"

"It was a miracle that he’s still alive but the consequences are he will be blinded."

"…Blinded…Is…is it temporary?"

"That would be difficult to judge. It may depend how far the injuries are done in his retinas. It may be temporary or if worst come to worst he will be blinded for life."

"…"

"But what is important now is for him to recover and wake up. I ask you and your friends to talk to him when you can, let him know you are still there for him. It’s the only way to keep him stabilise when he finds out…."

"Doctor…I…. can I tell him myself."

"…. Yes…. if that is what you wish."

"Arigatou"

[End Flashback]

"Yohji…I’m sorry…I shouldn’t have shouted at you…I just…"

I realised I have shifted out of space again. I didn’t know how long I stood there in silence listening to Ken talking to me.

"It’s alright Ken…. We’ll work through this together."

I turned around and faced him as he sadly smiled at me. I wish this was all just a dream….Aya….if only you will be alright again….but will you even let me help you this time…

Aya I’m so sorry…..So sorry

Would you even forgive me

* * * * *

"He’s not dead yet."

"I know…I can still feel his mind."

"…You know what you must do."

// And what is that Bradley? //

"Kill him…."

"Hmmm…. I like that…I think the fun is just about to begin."

* * * * * *

Somewhere in the hospital room, cold amethyst eyes slowly opened.

 

~TBC~

Retour Chapitre 6