Look at Me - Part 4.


Disclaimer: Same as in previous parts...

Pairing: Yohji x Aya/Ran
Warnings: Yaoi, Shounen-ai, Language, Poetry


Violet eyes lifted as Yohji walked through the living room. Aya had to stifle a gasp at the way the older assassin looked. He never thought the man had ever looked so wanton. The book the redhead held suddenly had no appeal as the blond walked over to the door that led to the stairs down. Yohji looked over his shoulder at Aya and gave a wink.

"About what I said earlier? That stays between us, right?"

Aya nodded quietly, too awestruck by the sight in front of him. God… Why did Yohji have to do this to him? The plans he'd made were now even more important.

Tonight, Aya was going to one of the clubs that Yohji *didn't* go to and learn what he could about dancing. He was going to learn about one of the things that the blond assassin loved so that he had an advantage when he finally came out about how he felt. That would be a point in his favor, he was sure, if Yohji found out that he went out of his way to try to do something that his team mate obviously enjoyed immensely… right?

He waited until the blond had been gone for about a half hour and then closed his book. Rising from the chair, he went to his own room and started sifting through his wardrobe. Nothing that would really be appropriate for clubs like Yohji went to… except, maybe, one combination. The sleeveless black shirt and pants that he wore under his working clothes.

It had been a spur of the moment decision so they would have to do.

He showered and dressed, not really knowing what else to do. Then, the redhead went out to his car and made his way to the club. His eyes sifted through the parking lot, making absolutely certain that Seven wasn't there. Aya didn't want a surprise like that.

He managed to get through the line at the club doors without killing anyone, though there were a few that were surely begging for it. The interior of the club itself was packed, with gyrating bodies out on the floor. Some of those bodies moved in ways that made the redhead blush. Aya guessed that Yohji was probably one to dance like they were.

The pale skinned assassin spent two hours, just watching, studying the way everyone moved. Aya was also sipping down a couple of drinks as this happened. He knew that he would need them to actually be able to go through with this.

Once he felt suitably relaxed, he moved out onto the floor himself and started trying on his own. An attractive figure such as he had no trouble finding partners to dance with, and then Aya found that he really could get into it. Maybe Yohji had the right idea? Gentle hands guided him when he faltered, while rough hands were knocked away. Aya was there to learn, not get fondled and groped.

When he'd decided that he'd learned enough, the redhead hit the door and headed for home. Too wired to get to sleep right away, Aya showered and went into the living room so that he could curl up with a book on the couch. Not fifteen minutes later, he heard Yohji's boots on the stairs.

That couldn't be… it wasn't even midnight yet.

The blond assassin came in, looking as sober as could be, and walked right by the couch. Aya looked up, his eyes taking in the sight of his team mate, and wished he was brave enough to say something about how good he still looked. He did, however, find the courage to say something about the time.

"Who are you and what have you done with Yohji?"

The man stopped and turned a bemused smile on the redhead. "I'm an assassin who's had plastic surgery to look exactly like him. I was supposed to infiltrate Weiss and gain their trust so that I could kill the rest later." Yohji chuckled and hooked his thumb over his shoulder. "We've got the blond back at our headquarters and we're torturing him for information."

Okay… so why was he in such a good mood if he didn't find a partner for the night? Aya looked at him, confused. "You're alone?"

"Yeah… Something wrong with that, Aya?" Yohji lay his jacket over the back of the couch and leaned down towards him. Those emerald pools remained riveted to the redhead, daring him to say something about it.

Carefully schooling his neutral face at the shock, Aya gazed intently at the other man. "I'm just surprised. You don't often come home alone." He had to admit, the thought did make him feel a little more secure in his attempts to catching the blond's attention.

Yohji smiled cryptically and grabbed his jacket. "I'll see you in the morning, Aya." With that, he headed for his room, leaving the redhead staring after him, confused.


Yohji woke early, again, and rolled over in his bed. His eyes peered through half-lids at the clock.

9:37

"Oh, God… No, not this early… never this early…"

His body wouldn't cooperate, though, and he found himself out of bed by strike of the hour. He shook his head, setting his tousled hair to rights, before running a quick brush through it. Yohji's green gaze studied his hair in the mirror.

The golden locks were wavier than usual today. He cast his eyes to the window quickly, taking note of the dark clouds outside. "Hn… Looks like the storm's still hanging around. Gonna be nasty, too."

Slipping into a pair of faded jeans, the playboy left his room and went down stairs. He could hear Omi's pleading voice as he got closer to the kitchen and winced. His stomach would have to wait.

"Come on, Ken… I have to take a make-up test for the one I missed. Please?"

The voice of the athlete cut through the youth's. "I'm sorry, Omi, but I can't. I promised the kids I'd be there for their game. I told everyone about this two weeks ago… That's why I requested this morning off." There was a bit of an exasperated sigh. "Why don't you ask Yohji?"

That was the point that Yohji entered the kitchen. "Ask Yohji what?"

Omi was on him in an instant. "I have to make up a test today and the teacher wants me to come in early. That means I can't work my shift this morning and I have to find someone to take my place and Ken can't do it but Aya will be so mad if he's stuck all alone-"

With a wave of the blond's hand, Omi was quieted. "I'll do it."

Ken blinked. "You… you will? Yohji, it's the morning shift."

"I heard that, Ken. What, do you think I'm both stupid *and* deaf?" He peered over the youngest assassin's shoulder at the breakfast he was making. "Hey, Omi… that looks pretty good… can I have some?"

A relieved Omi just handed the entire pan to Yohji and grabbed his backpack. "Thanks, Yohji… I'll make it up to you! I promise." And, with that, the blond teen was out the door.

Shrugging, the older man started in on his breakfast. He was aware of Ken's eyes on him as he sat down. "That was a cool thing you did, Yohji."

Yohji looked up, mouth full, his eyes questioning. When he finally swallowed, he gave Ken a pointed stare. "Hey, I'd feel bad if he failed his class. He's a smart kid… besides, school is something normal and how many normal things do we have in our lives right now?" The blond prepared to take another bite. "I want him to have normal things… outside of Weiss…"

The younger man watched his team mate finish off the pan of food and then wash it out carefully. He waited until Yohji was ready to go upstairs and dress for work. "Hey, Yohji?"

"Yeah?"

"What is… you know… normal for you?" Ken's question caught the blond off-guard.

It took a moment for Yohji to answer. He looked at his friend over his shoulder and smiled. "Coffee, man… coffee."

Ken blinked again. "That's it?" He watched the lithe assassin start out again.

"Yup. Catch you later, Ken."

 

Retour Chapitre 5