Spent Night

Chapter 3

 

Aya felt like ripping his hair out. Every time he saw Yohji, he felt betrayed. It wasn’t Yohji’s fault, and he tried to make his brain reason that out. He could see that Yohji was sorry, but he just couldn’t bear to have Yohji touch him just yet. He didn’t know what he was going to do. Yohji wanted to touch him. When they were sleeping, Yohji would curl up and hug him, and he would lie there and pretend to be asleep, but he just couldn’t take it.

This afternoon, Yohji had been sitting on the sofa eyeing him warily with guilt written all over his face. It made Aya feel bad; he didn’t want Yohji feeling guilty.

"Aya?"

Aya lifted his face to see Yohji looming over him.

" Do…do you want something? I am going to the store and…"

"No, I’m fine," Aya hated himself. Technically, Yohji had still slept only with him…it was only a different mind.

He was a better fuck.

" Shut up."

" What?"

Aya hadn’t noticed that he had voiced it out. He felt like he was going insane.

" Nothing, sorry," said Aya, getting up and taking his book with him. He could feel Yohji’s eyes burning into his back. It didn’t make the feeling any better.

Yohji couldn’t understand. Ever since Aya came out of his shower almost five days ago, the redhead refused to touch him.

It was driving him crazy. He needed to touch Aya in order to feel that things were okay. They still slept in the same bed though. He had heard Aya whimper the night it happened, so he waited until the redhead fell asleep to hug him. So fragile…

The whole trip to the store was an excuse to get out of the apartment. The tension was unbearable. Maybe if Aya were left alone for a while, he would be okay. Later that night, he would think otherwise.

Aya bolted out of bed, body coated in sweat. Yohji had woken him up when he felt him thrashing. However, when Aya recognized him, he gave a small grunt of acknowledgement and got up. He went to the kitchen and took some medication when he had nightmares before coming back to bed and falling asleep. Usually when Aya had a bad dream, he would cuddle up to the blonde and fall asleep in his arms. He had stopped doing that since Yohji had slept with Ran. It was damn confusing.

Technically he hadn’t cheated on Aya; it wasn’t his fault Aya was so fucked up.

" Aya?"

An annoyed moan as a response.

"Aya." A firmer this time. He was tired of playing cat and mouse with Aya. He was going to fix this right now.

Aya’s slitted open an eye and turned to face Yohji.

" Yohji it’s…" Aya turned to look at the watch. " It’s 2 in the morning. Can this wait?"

" No."

Aya fully turned to see him better. " What now?"

" You have been avoiding me for almost all week. I am tired of it."

Aya arched a brow at the comment. " I didn’t start it."

" And I did?" Yohji was too frustrated to care what he said at the moment.

Aya just stared at him before attempting to turn away, but Yohji stopped him.

"Please Aya…please forgive me." This was said while the blonde started nibbling Aya’s lips. " I would never do anything to hurt you." Yohji could feel Aya starting to relax in the way his body and breathing became more relaxed, almost as if he were asleep.

" Yohji…"

" Please Aya, I am going to go crazy if I can’t touch you. I didn’t know it wasn’t you. I would never hurt you intentionally." Now his hands were roaming all over Aya’s chest while he lay small kisses in Aya’s neck. He knew what drove Aya to distraction.

" Yohji…it’s okay. I forgive you," gasped Aya, arching into Yohji’s touch. Yohji removed Aya’s shirt before lowering and teasing Aya’s nipples. A breathy gasp was his response.

Yohji was determined to go slow, and with a passion filled rhythm, danced with Aya the rest of the night.

Yohji was gone again. Another one of his business trips he had said, which basically meant Aya was going to be by himself for about two days. Two days of being by himself when he was sure he shouldn’t be. All the trouble started when Yohji left, but Yohji needed the money. However, before leaving, Yohji made Aya promise to call him if he felt anything out of place. Like he was actually going to do that. Yohji was just too naïve sometimes. Nevertheless, he felt okay. The night before, Yohji had kept him up the rest of the night, and he could feel the blush creeping in his face at the memories.

Getting up, he decided he needed a shower if he was going to ever make it to school in time. After cleaning up the room, he walked to the kitchen, noticing that Yohji had made coffee. He had left everything clean: poor guy still felt bad about making him mad. Aya still felt bad, but he knew it wasn’t Yohji’s fault so it no use blaming him.

He undressed and stepped into the shower before everything went black.

Yohji had been walking around Kyoto most of the day trying to find a girl. The girl had run away from home and her father, being a man with money, wanted her back. Of course, Yohji would rather be with Aya right now. He was worried about his lover but didn’t want to appear obsessive by calling him every five minutes.

He had already called and Aya had seemed fine, even annoyed so he couldn’t risk calling again. Aya might decide to kill him the next time he saw him.

He was walking by a silver jewelry store when something attracted his attention: it was a thin chain with a small cross on it. Yohji decided that it would match Aya perfectly and entered the shop.

Sticky...my body hurts...what's going on?

Maybe you should open your eyes

Maybe…

A piercing scream made Aya jump. Opening his eyes, he wondered if he had slept with the TV on, yet it was odd that he was standing. He couldn’t see anything. At first he thought he might be having another weird dream. There was a strange smell in the air…almost like that of blood. His eyes snapped open at this feeling, the blood rush to his ears. His breath was coming in short gasps, fearful of what lied ahead since he still couldn’t see. He lowered himself and started crawling trying to ascertain his surroundings. He kept crawling until his hand fell upon something viscous and unpleasant. Lifting his hand he spread the substance between his fingers wondering what it was until the smell came.

Backing up suddenly, his hand came to rest on the hilt that almost felt like that of a blade.

"Shit" he whispered. If this was a dream, he wondered why he hadn’t woken up and then remembered that Yohji wasn’t there to wake him up. He gingerly got up and with a hand outstretched, walked until he touched a wall. Running his hand in the wall he stopped when he felt the light switch and flicked it. The room was flooded with light and Aya felt as if his stomach was ready to come up his throat.

" Oh gods." Aya couldn’t breathe. It was as if there was a block pressing upon his chest. He leaned on the wall before turning to see where he was. It was a small room, almost like a storage room but it was all full of blood, as if a wild animal had been let loose and been slaughtered. There were so many bodies…what was he doing in here anyway?

He lifted a gloved hand to his face and for the first time, noticed that he was in his assassin gear, but was missing one glove. Panic started to set in, knocking the breath out of him. What was he doing here? What was he going to do? His eyes rested on his katana, which was lying in the middle of the room, full of blood.

" Shit, oh gods," he sobbed, going to pick up his katana and looking for his other glove. When he found it, he picked it up and prepared to leave until his eyes rested in the can of gasoline in the corner of the room.

No I can’t…

If you don’t, the police will find you...

Yohji will find out…

" Nonononono…" Walking to the corner, he opened the container and poured the gasoline all over the room before he lit it up. He left after that and stood in a dark alley, watching as the building became consumed by the flames. He barely noticed that he was crying.

He was exhausted. Yohji had spent all day looking for that girl and had come up with nothing, but he had a vague idea where she could be. The advantages of flirting. Entering his hotel room, he proceeded to collapse onto the bed, too tired to sit and untie his shoes. He opted to just flip them off with his feet. He had called the apartment earlier, but Aya hadn’t been there. It took an effort of will not to worry. He needed to remember that Aya was a grown man and could take care of himself.

[Yes, but not all grown men have multiple personalities]

With a grunt, Yohji got into a sitting position on the bed and called the apartment. No response. He was about to give up when on the sixth ring, the phone was picked up.

# Hello? #

" Aya? Are you alright?"

# Yohji? Oh, yes I was asleep…#

" I called earlier…"

# Oh, I was having trouble sleeping so I took some sleeping pills #

" Nightmares?" There a small sigh from Aya’s part.

# You could say that. How was your day? #

" No sign of the girl, but I have an idea where she might be so I will probably get there tomorrow afternoon."

# That’s great. Umm…I am really tired so I am going to sleep. #

" Okay, sweetie. Are you sure you’re okay?"

# Hai, don’t worry about me. Be careful okay? #

" You’re worried about me? How sweet. I will, get some rest and I will see you tomorrow."

# Okay, goodnight Yohji. #

" Goodnight, love you." A pause

# Hai…me too. #

The phone call had only served to make Yohji more nervous. If Aya was taking sleeping pills again, then it was pretty bad. When he fell asleep, his dreams were not pleasant.

Aya replaced the receiver with shaking hands; he had barely made it in the door when he heard the phone. He noticed the blood on it. Turning in disgust, he noticed how he was leaving blood everywhere he touched. Walking to the laundry room, he took off all his clothes and walked naked to the bathroom to take a shower. He just stood under the spray shaking. He noticed the bruises on his body; it looked as if someone had clubbed him. That meant Yohji couldn’t look at them or he would wonder what had happened. A sob escaped him, accompanied by another and he slid down the wall, curling into a tight ball while he cried. Forcing himself to get up, Aya turned off the spray. After toweling, he went to his room and put on a loose gray shirt and jogging pants before beginning to clean the apartment until the sun rose.

Once he was done cleaning the house, his katana, and gear, he took another shower before settling in bed. Looking at the watch, he noticed that it was almost noon. Yohji would be back soon. He got up and cooked some food, noodles and tea, before exhaustion overtook him and he went to bed.

Yohji was excited because he had gotten all his work done and had the nice present for Aya. When he arrived at the apartment, the first thing he noticed was how clean it was. The floor was waxed and he could still smell the faint lingering odor of laundry detergent.

" Aya?" Nothing. Probably asleep and when he entered his room, his suspicions were confirmed. Aya was sleeping, exhaustion evident in his face. Dropping his things on the floor quietly, the blonde walked to crouch over his lover.

" Aya…wake up…" said Yohji while he caressed the redhead’s face. Frowning, Yohji noticed that Aya had been crying again in his sleep.

" Aya? Sweetie?"

Aya began to stir and opened his eyes suddenly. He stared at Yohji before letting out the breath he had been holding in.

" Yohji…"

" Yeah, remember I told you I would arrive early. Why did you clean? It was fine before."

" I was bored," responded the redhead quietly before reaching up to kiss his lover. Yohji was surprised but said nothing. Noticing that Aya wanted to get up, he moved so Aya could get up without hitting him. He was still able to see the grimace of pain that Aya was unable to hide.

" What’s wrong?"

" What do you mean?" asked Aya, eyeing him tiredly.

" You are favoring your right side. Did you get hurt?"

" No, I think I just pulled a muscle cleaning the floor," said Aya offhandedly. Yohji smiled.

" I can help with that."

" No…let’s go eat." When he saw Yohji enter the kitchen, Aya let out the breath he’d been holding in.

His hands were shaking…a small chuckle escaped him. He wasn’t going to be sane very long if this shit kept on.

TBC

 

Retour Chapitre 4