Author: White Kiss - PG-13 - English - Romance

Winter ~ Snowdrop: Part One //Aya//

Notes:
Weiss Kreuz is property of Koyasu Takehito, Kyoko Tsuchiya, Marine Entertainment, and Project Weiss.

This fic was inspired by a lot of Savage Garden.

- White Kiss [formerly Rina Garet]
03/25/02, 3:23 pm

-----------

He's touching me.

I open my eyes and blink. No, It's only the brick wall I'm leaning against in the alleyway. Cold and hard and rough. It's not him. My stomach flip flops until I slip my hand inside my trenchcoat, and grip something. Cold metal. Katana hilt. I feel better.

It isn't him. He won't touch me again.

Even though, when I'm out at night alone...

I can still hear him, whispers brushing my ears. Feel him, fingers brushing my hair.

My breath catches in my throat until I realize where I am, and start walking again, leaving the dark alleyway behind. As I step out, I swear I can feel his arms around me.

But I know they aren't there.

I ignore the growing lump in my chest, and keep walking.

I dig my hands into black leather pockets. I'm cold. The night isn't cold, but I am. As cold as I've ever been.

I don't know why I feel like this. Am I sorry for what I did? I still can't answer that. But it was my decision and it was final and that was that. Am I supposed to feel guilty for giving him an ultimatum? Should I feel bad for forcing him to choose like that?

Well, I don't.

And I won't.

Even though sometimes, I miss him. Just a little.

Like crazy, all the rest.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

"Don't touch me."

Youji stepped back, feeling the ice of an 'Aya Fujimiya Shi-Ne Glare' focused on him. He swallowed hard and resisted the urge to grab him by the shoulder again.

"So that's it?" Youji had to fight to keep his voice cool.

"That's it." Aya didn't turn to look at him when he spoke.

"That's it." Youji echoed, his voice distant.

Aya was leaving. Leaving Weiß.

Leaving him.

And he wasn't even looking back.

"You can't just walk away like this." Youji's voice was strained.

Aya almost laughed. "Listen to yourself, Kudou."

"That's DIFFERENT, Aya!" Youji yelled back, finally raising his voice. "The ones I walk away from are expecting it. Are ready for it. Not like this, that you're pulling with me."

It was the middle of the night, and they were both standing outside, in front of the Koneko. Aya was on his way out. He was leaving, because he found better pay somewhere else as a Freelance assassin, away from the fingers of Kritiker. More care for his sister.

Youji took a low blow. "She might never wake up, Aya. Then where will you be, after throwing away everything else?"

Aya finally turned, violet eyes glittering. He came close enough for Youji to touch, and didn't protest this time when the man did. He was close enough and compliant enough for Youji to lean in close, press in to kiss him once more. Aya stood still, waiting.

Before Youji's lips touched his, he locked eyes with the man.

"It's over. Everything is over."

Youji looked like a bullet had been put through his heart. He stumbled backward, and a grunt of something that sounded like surprise and pain escaped his lips.

"You..." he sputtered.

"You reap what you sow, Kudou." Aya turned and walked away.

In desperation, Youji lunged, grabbing Aya's shoulder. Without hesitation, Aya backhanded Youji, and elbowed him in the stomach. The blonde went down on one knee, coughing, and rubbing an injured cheekbone.

"Over is over, Youji. You had your chance."

Youji spit a mouthful of blood from a swollen lip on the pavement. "What, you'll treat me like trash because I won't leave Weiß? What the fuck kind of a chance is that? 'Leave or I'm done with you?' What the FUCK, Aya?"

Aya looked down at Youji. "My new job might pit me against you one day. And don't think I can't kill you if I had to."

Youji stood back up. "You'd kill me for that vegetable you call a sister. Looks like you've got your priorities straight. Fuck you, Aya."

Youji finally turned to let Aya leave, go wherever the hell he was going, but turned back at the last moment.

"Aya?" His voice was little more than a whisper.

Aya didn't turn, but stopped in his tracks for a split second.

"Did it ever mean anything?"

Aya was walking again as he responded.

"Nothing."


~*~ ~*~ ~*~

I had to burn every bridge. Even that one. I have to be able to do my job.

I can't see him any more. Even if I could, I've ruined it for us. It was the truth that I might have to fight him one day. Killing is a risky business. You don't always know who your next opponent will be.

And if my next one is him, I don't have a choice. I'll have to fight.

 

Retour Chapitre 2